Which Harness do i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have both the harness' which do i modify to put in with the swap?

Do I use the stock DX harness or do i use the stock acure integra harness that came with my B18A1?

And the resistor box i got with the B18 from the 91 integra.. where does it come to play?

91 ls B18A1 into 88 hatch DX

I'm pretty sure you use the LS harness and the resistor box is for converting from DPFI to MPFI. It's for you injectors.

ok, now i got a question. im doing the same swap but havent got the resistor box yet and i was wondering if i had to get one, do i just get the box and the little wiring with it or do i have to get all the wires from the injectors to the box?

Originally posted by EFB18A1@Jan 19 2004, 08:17 PM
ok, now i got a question. im doing the same swap but havent got the resistor box yet and i was wondering if i had to get one, do i just get the box and the little wiring with it or do i have to get all the wires from the injectors to the box?

when doing the DPFI to MPFI swap on the DX, in the end you will need the resistor box with wiring and the injector plugs - depending on what swap you are doing, you may get the engine harness with your engine, in which case, you can get the injector plugs from that harness and would only need to find the injector resistor box with it's wires

ok, i got the b18a1 motor and tranny from a 90 ls and it comes with the harness, i got the ecu from the same engine also but it didnt come with the resistor box. im going to swap it into a 89 civic hb std. so now my question is what do i really need to complete the swap?

Originally posted by EFB18A1@Jan 20 2004, 02:07 AM
ok, i got the b18a1 motor and tranny from a 90 ls and it comes with the harness, i got the ecu from the same engine also but it didnt come with the resistor box. im going to swap it into a 89 civic hb std. so now my question is what do i really need to complete the swap?

you need the injector resistor box from any OBD0 Honda with MPFI (88-91 Civic/CRX, 88-89 integra, etc.) - you will need a mount kit and shift linkage from someone like Hasport - you will need to swap your knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 Civic/CRX DX or Si (or you could use ones from 4-door, if you want bigger brakes) - you will need 90-93 integra axles - as you already know, you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes - there are probably a couple of other items that i can't think of at the moment - good luck!

Back