1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which harness for a gsr into 92 civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by tip, Jan 14, 2006.

1. tip

tip Senior Member

i am about to swap a civic and it is a stock 92 dx. It has the stock harness and eveything. the guy is wanting to chage his doors so they will be power and the gauge cluster so it will have everything a dx does not. So would it be best to use the gsr harness or not. will the gsr harness connect right up to say a lx clustor and will it connect to the doors as well. Or would it be better to keep the stock harness and just add all the extra stuff. Keep in mind i already have the gsr harness and i want to keep time to a min.

oh and is the hasport mounts worth all the extra money compared to the others out there...?

thanks

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

use the DX harness and wire up anything else that is needed. This will be the route to go if you want less headaches. By rule of thumb, you use the harness that came with the car, not the motor.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

98% of 92's are pre-wired for vtec. use the stock harness. the engine harness is not connected to the dash...

4. tip

tip Senior Member

OK thanks for the info all

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted