which headers are good to get???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

hey i have a B18B in a 93 SI, and i was wondering what are the best headers too put on this engine. To give me better air flow???

thanx

I'm running a Kamikaze ceramic 4-1. Got it for like $275...love it.

Me personally am a fan of the DC ceramic coated header. They arent to ridiculously expensive like Toda or JUN ( They make good Headers, just very spendy), and they have them for many applications, including yours, which is like $374.95 from the DC. This is just my opinion though, go with what your budget can get you.

i was looking to spend around 300-400 on headers. I red about some headers rusting really fast and in some cases crack... I guess that is from cheap name brand headers???? Im looking for headers that will raise my mid-topend torque/power!!!

Its like this , if you want to throw out the hassle of looking the different brands up your self and you have 400 to spend i would just say "fuck it im gonna get the DCs" their the best for the price (about 375$ or less) and with out looking up and reading different articles and geting an impression your self they would seem to me to be one of the better options.

i have seen cracks on them but thats only on a header that has been driven to death and even then its a quick weld, and just to off set my last remark about the cracks i will say i have seen a whole lot more that didint crack and that have last a real long time and are still going including the set that we run on my moms accord, i would say about 150,000 miles and still looking real good. DC makes a more then decent header its simple as that.

Originally posted by korey@Jan 2 2004, 02:16 PM
Me personally am a fan of the DC ceramic coated header. They arent to ridiculously expensive like Toda or JUN ( They make good Headers, just very spendy), and they have them for many applications, including yours, which is like $374.95 from the DC. This is just my opinion though, go with what your budget can get you.

this is the only brand header my friends and me have used.

Bisi's got the fastest ALL MOTOR D-Series on the tracks, he uses this header. I would too. They also make one for the B-series. This or Toda would be THE BEST choice! I don't know about you but i like products that prove their worth on the track. Toda has the Ericks' Racing Civic Coupe (Fastest ALL Motor Honda EVER @9.99) and the Bisimoto Header (Fastest All Motor D-Series). The facts don't lie. B) www.exospeed.com

Here's a picture of the Bisimoto headers for the D series. the B-series is similar.

bisidcoated2a.jpg

Well that's kinda judging a book by the cover now isn't it? :huh: So the pipes bend a little wierd, big woop. Sometimes power isn't pretty :) I guess you could settle for the DC but i mean come on! The sheer 'wow factor' would be worth the price. I know i'm getting one for my little d-baby as soon as i get some cash (or whore myself out to like 6 fat chick for $100 each) what ever comes first. <_<

headertech makes a nice header....other than that i guess DC seems to be the way to go...

if it makes any difference in deciding. the SOHC Bisimoto header gained 9hp to the wheels with just intake and exh. compared to the stock header.
meaning.. the car already had the intake and exh. dynoed at 107 i believe with stock manifold. and made 116hp with the bisimoto header.
I'm sure the B-series will make much more of an impact

Wil

Top brands IMO: Toda, SMSP, HeaderTech (new header out and looks very nice for the buck 700ish), Hytech - these will net the most gains via dyno results on a ITR motor

Medium : JDM 4-1w/ 2.5, DC 4-1 (ITR replica that costs less), comptech, Mugen, Spoon - these are all in the name of gains

Lower : quality wise, well I would say some of the other crappy companies out their.

I use the DC ceramic and it rusted on me, since your in the 300-400 range I would go with the SS DC 4-1

Back