Which moter??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johnfk

WiseMotorSports
I have decided to junk my d15b. I want to know what you guys think I should put in it...I was thinking about the b18c1 cause it seemed like an easy swap according to the engine swap 101 thread..I have money but not enough for anything crazy like a prelude motor or a b18c5...Oh I have a 94 civic ex..Your advice would help alot with me choosing the right motor... And before anyone asks, im wanting to build a turbo motor,block&blueprint the motor, port&polish head, eagle rods, arias pistons and a big a** turbo..I want go not to worry about show..

Thanx alot.... JFK

What do you want to do with the car? If you can't afford an R or an H22 swap, I would recommend not thinking about the monster turbo setup right now either.

If you want economical and boost friendly at the same time though, I would just go for a nice non-VTEC B18B or B20B/Z. You can make over 300whp on the stock internals with both blocks.

What do you want to do with the car? If you can't afford an R or an H22 swap, I would recommend not thinking about the monster turbo setup right now either.

If you want economical and boost friendly at the same time though, I would just go for a nice non-VTEC B18B or B20B/Z. You can make over 300whp on the stock internals with both blocks.
What he said, if u don't have the money for the c5 or h22 then u don't have the money for a big ass turbo setup that's gonna produce good numbers. Me personally I'm kinda regretting my c5 decision, paid 5k fot the motor plus another 5k on internals when I could've gone with a C1 and boost it for less

Is the b18b and the b20b are they easy swaps? The reason why I said b18c1, pissedofsol said it was a real easy swap according to the engine swap 101 thread. But thats what im shootin for about 300whp..But I dont want to push the motor
to the raggid edge.. I want fast and reliable and I know it wont be cheap, but as far as the big as turbo I was reffering to 14 psi or something.But im sure you guys know more about this then I do..But your recommendations count...Please give me some more info..

14psi doesn't mean anything on its own. The non VTEC B blocks are actually easier swaps than the B18C.

how about a b16a and boost that minor cut back in cc and in back pocket and then go all out and get a SC61 slug

I looked on here and could not find anything on a b20 swap..
I would rather have a b20b cause of the displacement and someone said they produce good torque numbers, but I know long intake runners make more torque.I heard that you have to swap intakes for the hood to close on the civics and what 5 speed tranny will bolt to the b20b..I need someone to give me more detail if possible.. I appreciate all the post you guys are leaving..

I dont understand what you mean
wardatron vbmenu_register("postmenu_741887", true);
Are you a saying the tranny for a b18c5 will bolt to the b20..

All the front wheel drive B series transmissions will bolt up to the B20.

Ok, Say I have a b20b with a gsr 5spd trans with lsd. What else do I need for the swap that is all that ive been trying to figure out?I dont know if I need different motor mounts or shift linkage , the axle shafts..Different ecu..I just want someone to PLEASE tell me everything I need for the swap..

Thanks

i know for sure that the wiring loom is different is yours single or multi point injection.(needs(> hasport mounts. axles and ECU will be needed but u could tap your old ecu for vtec i would'nt recommend im not sure about shift linkage if your any good at adapting welding etc there not a problam

You'll use the same axles, linkage, ECU and mounts as a normal B18B swap.

How do I get the axles, linkage, ECU and mounts for a b20b swap.? You said the same as a b18b..Calesta, can you tell what linkage,axles and motor mounts I need and where can I get them.. Someone told me I can get a p28 ecu or call phearable or something like that and tell them what im doing and they could help me out..

buy HONDA ENGINE SWAPS by aaron bonk, get some tuner friendly buddies, and become very familiar with ebay and you will find the parts cheap there or even in the sale forums on here, everyone on here will steer you the cheapest but most reliable direction more often than not, if your not sure all the information you just asked be sure this is just a project car and not a daily driver thatll be down for a little bit, good luck on swap and hope to see pics of its b20b + turbo very good setup in my eyes, good platform to stick with or go monster with

Most swaps come with the axles and linkage, if not get in good with one of your local sport performance shops or order online, just tell them u need axles, linkage and mounts for whatever car you're driving with a b20swap, they'll know exactly what u need

Back