which oil....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok I have a Integra GSR with only 3000 miles on it,

.....original miles....

and I don't know what kind of oil to put in it....

cuz I don't reall want to mess my car with a wrong oil.....

so I went to the dealership and asked them.... and they said 5W-30 regular one.....

what you think...... :unsure:

i use 1030 castrol syntec. i used to use 1030 castrol gtx. 530 is what your supposed to use buy my engine is older if that means anything.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 23 2003, 02:51 AM
ok I have a Integra GSR with only 3000 miles on it,

.....original miles....

and I don't know what kind of oil to put in it....

cuz I don't reall want to mess my car with a wrong oil.....

so I went to the dealership and asked them.... and they said 5W-30 regular one.....

what you think...... :unsure:

3k miles?... you must not drive much!(unless its new as hell). i am using 10w-30 b/c over here its usually hot(even in winter, doesnt snow till like february; strange weather). i dont use "fancy" oil because i end up changing it about every 3k miles and i dont like my car very much.

if you start using synthetic now, your engine internals will never wear down...which is a good thing!

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 23 2003, 02:52 AM
should I use half synthetic, and then full synthethic.....

you can go full synthetic without any problems. some people go half and half because of the high price of synthetic, so if you can afford it go for it.

so the only difference is the price tag...

I mean people who use half and half they use it because of price......

.....somebody told me that you don't jest mix mineral(regular) oil with synthetic, cuz you can mess up the engine that way.....

juss put synthetic in my car and it seems like its smoother and getting up to speed is easier. Not sure if that would make a difference but then again i been driving on bad oil 300miles over what i sould of :(

300 miles really isn't that much at all. I am about 5000 miles over due. But I have to put in a quart every 1000 miles so there is some fresh oil in there but I need the filter to be changed.

Generally I personally either use Mobil 1 full synthetic or us OEM(honda/acura) oil. As for the filter, in the past...everyone has told me to use the OEM filters which are better. You can use FRAM, but if you do, I would used the X2 filter from FRAM. Its for extended oil changes. It costs about $10 but I think its worth it.

I'm surprised you were able to find a older car like that with only 3k or so miles on it. Consider yourself very lucky. I would like to have purchased my GS-R with only 3k miles on it. But unfortunately I couldn't.

Anyways, go with synthetic.... if you don't want to do that, use the blend which is not as expensive. The flash point of synthetic is higher than blend or conventional and that does play a big role in how much oil is burned when running on the freeway or idling at a stoplight.

that is my 2 cents...

when ever you buy oil, never buy semisythedic. There is no rule saying that semisynthedic has to be 50:50 or something like that. They could put one percent synthedic oil in there, and still call it a semisynthedic.

Back