which springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shuturmowth

Hey all, i was just wondering what you thought about the tien high.techs or the stechs. I'm going to use the lowering springs first, then later on switch out the shocks.. are these good springs for that? and are there any springs for the same price (150) for my application?

sorry if its hard to understand, and thanks for your input.

id highly suggest doing it all at once.. both shocks and springs. not only will you have to re-do all your labor again down the road, the car will ride like ass.

you're not going to get much for 150 bucks...

the tein SS setup at 850-ish is a bargain IMO... and the ride and control is good.
cheap springs and cheap shocks are still going to run you 500 bucks at least all said and done. why not just do it right the first time?

so sol you think i should get the coilovers with springs instead of just the springs. see i wanted to just get the springs to get a lower more aggressive look for my 'lude its a 4th gen. what do you think

well just do everything at once, either get a coiloverkit(coilovers and springs) or nice springs and adj struts

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 6 2004, 03:23 PM
if i get the nice springs w/ the struts then wouldnt it be like gettin in ssome way custom coilovers?

the tein SS suspension is a true coilover system... not just a sleeve over adjustable coilover mated with any aftermarket shock. the tein suspension systems are designed with approiate spring rates mated to the correct shock. not just universal pieces... so the end result will be a bit better than just any pieced together suspension system.
ss-em1.jpg

cok_civic_hle.jpg

see the difference how the coilover is acutally thredded onto the shock opposed to how the ground controls just sit over any shock.

i think the coil overs that go on the shock (ex.ground control)are better so you can replace the shock when they wear out if you get the tein coilovers then how would you replace the thing the spring sits on that shock is threaded into

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 11 2004, 02:56 AM
i think the coil overs that go on the shock (ex.ground control)are better so you can replace the shock when they wear out if you get the tein coilovers then how would you replace the thing the spring sits on that shock is threaded into

so that makes them better how?

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 11 2004, 02:56 AM

Thats why the teins are rebuildable. Aluminum cases that are almost one and a half time sbigger in diameter than a stock strut/shock=smoother/better/more accurate dampening. Tell me how your cheap slip on coil over setup is better?

Originally posted by hybrid89@Feb 11 2004, 08:33 AM
Thats why the teins are rebuildable.

as are 99% of every other good performance coilover

ground controls suck :)

There are many reason why true coil overs are better. One of the most important, they do not limit your shock travel like sleve coil overs. If you drop your car pretty low, the top of the sleeve will hit the top shock mount with very little actuall shock travel.

Price is another thing. For a GOOD sleeve setup, like ground controls and konis, will run you close to the price of the TEIN SS's, which is a better set up.

well the reason i day ground control was better was beacause i think that it is economically cause when your schock is outyou can replace the that and if you buy the teins uyou have to buy the the whole set again dont you? of course im not a whiz at this its just what i think so i might be wrong

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 15 2004, 02:10 PM
well the reason i day ground control was better was beacause i think that it is economically cause when your schock is outyou can replace the that and if you buy the teins uyou have to buy the the whole set again dont you? of course im not a whiz at this its just what i think so i might be wrong

did you even bother reading what other people have posted??????

just about every decent quality performance coilover are REBUILDABLE

i read what i can understand and well yes but i dont know much but i try my best to understand what ppl say. you say that the teins are rebuildable you have my attention. now do you know how is that accomplished?

performance doesnt exactly have to be tein umm i wanted to get those but i figured them too expensive but when you said that performance coilovers are rebuildable. they can be used more than once? im interested

Back