Which Tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spydy43

I have a 96 civic ex with present kuhmo ecsta 205/40/17 tires on my car that have been a decent tire for the price and have lasted me 30,000+ miles, but now its time to move on. I have searched through many posts and seen that Azenis are the tire of choice for many. My car is a daily driver that averages 40 miles per day so I need a tire that will last, I also want a tire that will handle noticeably well in dry conditions and grip the ground reasonably well in wet conditions as well. Do you guys think that the Azenis will be the right choice for me based on these conditions, and especially since the only place that I can find taking orders is, vulcantires.com, the tires are $102 a piece and there is no telling when they will actually be available? I would prefer to get a cheaper tire if possible. Are there any other recommendations? On a seperate but related note I have been thinking of selling my wheels and dropping down to a smaller, and lighter wheel. Would this be beneficial for my power wise? And if so what are the wheel, tire, and size recommendations? Any help is appreciated.

If you want to drop down a size or two, these will work well for you:

195/55/15
205/50/15
205/45/16

If you want a really good deal on tires, head over to TireRack.com and get a set of Bridgestone S-03 in 195/50/15. They'll be a little short for your EX, but not enough to make a noticeable difference in the way the car looks or performs- and they're usually around $70-80 each. The dry traction isn't the same as the Azenis, but it's still at the very top of the industry- and the wet traction blows almost everything else away. They're what I run on my car, and I get 30k+ miles out of mine. If you drive smoothly, they'll last you a while- even with a good number of track days on them.

Other tires you might try would be the Avon Tech M500, maybe even the new Fuzion ZRi tire (basically same as Bridgestone RE750). The Yokohama ES100 is pretty good too, but you'll find people that hate it because it gets noisy toward the end of its tread life.

:werd:

Taller sidewalls will help you out in the rain a bit too.

Back