Which To Choose?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_Accord_Ex

88_CRX_DX
Heyy everyone im jut looking for some input. Im coming into some money soon. I was just wondering what i should go with. I have a 91 accord ex auto and i was thinking about dropping in an H22 and keeping it auto. Or buying a crx, and probably selling the accord to help out with mods on the crx. Im just looking for input let me know what you guys think would be better overall.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. But the only problem is that i have more then one friend. So the crx isnt practical. Although i really want one. Is anyone out there selling an si? Let me know. The onther thing is that it matters on how cheap i get the crx as to how much i can put into it. My accord has 155,000 miles on it now. Theres no rust. The whole body and interior is straight. How much do you think i could get for it?

2,500 to 3,000...that's what it would go for here in montana...

Wow im going to have to drive to montana to sell it. Anyone out there know anyone who wants to buy it? i have pics and ill send specifics.

nobody will want to ship it here, and most of my friends want trucks/SUV's for their DD's.

If you're handy and like being different, keep the Accord. Not a TON of shit is out there for the Accord like the Civic/CRX/Integra etc...... I think its a bit more original to do up the Accord, but that just my .02. PLUS, the F series motors are nice to boost. Mine was super easy to tune and made an excellent leap in performance with a basic turbo kit.

Yeah thats what i was going to do if i keep the accord but i was thinking of an H22 just due to the fact that i havent delt with turbo and i am not too sure about it. I also heard you get pretty much the same increase by Putting in an H22 as you do turbo. Is this right? The other thing is where in southern new england could i get an h22 installed properly?

Wow the only other thing is my car has 158,000 miles on it i dont want to put boos into it and blow it up. Do you have any other mods on your engine? And where could i get a cheap turbo kit? And how hard are they to install? Tune?

Mine is STILL for sale. 1100 shipped now. I ran stock engine with 180K on it, it lasted to 205K. I ran 17psi daily on it though, 12-14 was plenty :)

What size turbo do you have? What is included in the Kit? 17 psi?!?! Isnt that a little crazy? I might have the money soon but idk. Im still a little conserned about the install.

The install is VERY easy. It should take no longer then a weekend to install everything and have it up and driving.

The turbo is a Evo3 GT. It's a Mitsu Big 16g. It made 200whp and 250wtq at 10psi. It should make 225-250whp at 14-15psi. I'm not too sure, I couldnt get back to the dyno to test it out. The chip has you covered from 0-17psi though, just run whatever you want or feel comfortable with. 8-10psi isnt too crazy or pushing it all the hard. I would just run it off the wastegate spring pressure for awhile then start upping the boost if you want to.

Ebay item number: 190099145000

Yeah my only problem with the car being turbo is all of the other things that can go like the tranny, engine pieces and whatever else happens. That is why i was leaning twards an h22 cause its a new motor it is complete and less prone to break.

Good luck getting a NEW H22.

Any car you modify and drive hard has a chance to break. i drove my Accord to Canada and back, it made it fine while getting 32mpg. I daily drove it to work for 25K miles. The only difference is I change the oil more regularly with a turbo'd car :)

Yeah like i said before i still need to decied. I really liked my crx when i had one and i just like smaller cars. Im probably going to wind up seling the accord somwhere around june if not sooner. It is a great Platform for a swap or to be turboed so if you know anyone interested let me know. In the mean time ill keep that turbo kit in mind. I figure by juse i should have like 2-3,000 saved up so my options are still open.

Back