Which tranny and clutch/flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RIT Civic

Sup All...I am doing an ls/vtec setup and will soon be purchasing the tranny...which tranny should I buy?..should I get the ls tranny or the gsr?..if I get the gsr tranny is the clutch and flywheel purchased according to the tranny you get or according to the block???

The GSR tranny has much better gearing for your application. Get one, and if at all possible, look into a JDM tranny with a factory limited slip differential. It's worth every penny. Any clutch kit made for 94-2001 Integras will work.

so are you saying i can put even an ls clutch and flywheel on the gsr tranny as long as it's 94-2000?

Thanks for the info

tranny, I would go wtih either Sir gearing or ITR

clutch--clutchnet or exedy
flywheel--fidanza and also most any other chromoly units from japan

I have installed for friends and also have on my own car the ACT HDSS and I love it. It grabs hard as hell and still engages smooth. For a clutch, I have had good luck with both Fidanza and ACT flywheels. Both chromoly and aluminum have their ups and downs, but you will be happy either way.

Try to save up for an ITR tranny. Civicios has one on his b16. Gear ratios are alot better and it has the lsd.

itr trannys are fuckin' awesome. i'd recommend it over any others.

as far as the clutch/flywheel, exedy kicks ass. i've got an organic disk, and it rules. my flywheel is a machined/lightened gsr, but unless you have a roommate who works at a foundry, i'd go with a fidanza or a kaiten.

Back