Which tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

I want you find out what you guys think would be the best tranny to use in a JDM B16 SIR II with a Jackson Supercharger. they sent the swap to me with a LS tranny which I am continuing to drive it with. I can't decide if you want to use an LS tranny or a B16. I do racing up to 110 usally. So i am thinking that the SC will give me the torgh to get through the first 3 gears the best in an LS tranny. The b16 will just be to short of gears. Let me know what you all think.

Darin

personally, i prefer an LS tranny. at higher speeds, a b16 tranny will be in 5th while you're still maxing out in 4th

The LS tranny is definetly not the way to go unless you want fuel economy. Honda manual trans are desined and matched to motors redlines so that you shift around every 30mph(1st 30mph, 2nd 60mph, 3rd 90mph, ect...) using the tranny matched to you motor is your best bet. You will have no problem reaching 110mph in 4th with a B16 tranny, and 5th will still pull you back in the seat enough to finish off a vett or 2. Plus with a superchager you want to stay at the top of your RPM enough so that when you shift you don't shift out of boost.

haha yea man they fucked you when they gave you the LS tranny, everyone tries to ditch those things. Definitely try to get a B16, type R, or GSR tranny.

yeah, i already sent the company a e-mail showing my disapointment. I think they got the point through the subject of the mail, " You FUCKED ME!!!!" they just expressed how sorry they were through the words of," just send us the trany serial # and we will figure it out". I told them to blow themselves because it peeled off somehow. It was only hanging on by a inch when I got the motor. Anyways, thanks for the responses, and keep them coming. I haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks,

Darin

dude, dont use the LS tranny on a b16a, its fucking pointless, ur shift points if ur shifting at 8000 will take u out of vtec, for about 1000 RPM which will rip apart ur 1/4 mile times. take it back to them and tell them to change it or ull do something.. also, JRSC is a waist of money, get a small turbo that spools quick and run 8-9 psi.

do not use the ls u are getting the supercharger to kick even more ass right, if u put a ls tranny behind that u wont be kicking no ones ass unless u are on the highway and racing around 1 to 2 miles, go with a gsr or type r if u what more room or keep the si and ls is like pissing aganst the wind

Originally posted by oches@Oct 18 2003, 12:34 AM
do not use the ls u are getting the supercharger to kick even more ass right, if u put a ls tranny behind that u wont be kicking no ones ass unless u are on the highway and racing around 1 to 2 miles, go with a gsr or type r if u what more room or keep the si and ls is like pissing aganst the wind

:emofo:

the S4 tranny or if your cable the S1, or any SiR2 tranny will work for that application.

Just put a new final drive in the Ls tranny, it will give you better acceleration that way even though its not as good as a GSR it's better than nothing and fuck JRSC's, I hate those fuckers. BTW what led you to supercharge anyway, and have u dynoed ur car yet. GIVE US NUMBERS

man it sounds like to me you need you a 700r4 with over drive with real good clutches and some bad ass bands and a corvette servo

Originally posted by 97 turbo coupe@Oct 20 2003, 07:30 PM
man it sounds like to me you need you a 700r4 with over drive with real good clutches and some bad ass bands and a corvette servo

interesting.

yeah, i have yet to run my car at the track on a good day. The only time I went was when it was 105 with 95%humidity. and I only got in 4 runs, while missing gears and no hook up's. I have only exhaust on the car and springs. I am going supercharger no mader what, but I am still undecided on switching trannys or getting a new clutch. Oh well, keep the idea's coming.

Darin

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 16 2003, 10:01 PM
dude, dont use the LS tranny on a b16a, its fucking pointless, ur shift points if ur shifting at 8000 will take u out of vtec, for about 1000 RPM which will rip apart ur 1/4 mile times. take it back to them and tell them to change it or ull do something.. also, JRSC is a waist of money, get a small turbo that spools quick and run 8-9 psi.

you're a moron. you don't drop out of vtec with an ls tranny...right jeff?

you seem to be wrong a lot dude...

and you misspelled WASTE.

5th grade education>>>>you

edit:
JRSC is a waist of money

do you own one? have you had any hands-on experience with one?

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 16 2003, 10:01 PM

don't comment on something if you have no idea what the hell you're talking about

I happen to have my Vtec kick in at 5800RPM thats about 1000RPM higher then a stock SIR motor "depends on ECU you run"
so with my Vtec coming out at 5800 in order to shift and have it drop out of Vtec I would have to shift at 6500-6800 if I shift higher then that then it WILL NOT drop out of Vtec

most SIRs will rev to 8500RPM Vtec kicks on about 4800 so you're saying a LS tranny drops 3300RPM each time you shift to a higher gear?

um no

All motor the LS sucks S/C or Turboed the LS is a great tranny

I would still bitch at the people who sent you the tranny since the LS tranny is worth less then the B16 tranny

Sleeper Crx,
I think he speaks for everybody when he says...
s3f95bc313f7b4.jpg

s3e528a75ec439.jpg

Im just gonna hide behind my kitty =)

while were at it anyone here want to run my slow as B16 W/LS tranny? =)

Back