which turbo do i get for my swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ecleptic97

I used to be a dsm man. i have owned three gs-t's. Now i want to try a honda. i know a little bit about alot but im stuck. I am getting a 92-95 civic hatch and i am putting a gsr motor in it. now do i buy a turbo for the civic motor or a turbo for the gsr motor. I am going with the drag gen III. I am gutting out the interior fully and putting a roll cage, custom fiberglass dash, and two racing seats. I am also replacing all the windows with the FAL racing kit. I know its hard to get alot of horsepower out of the 1.8 so im doing a major weight reduction to help out. My goal is to make it hit mid to high 12's without having to go internal. Can someone please help me out with these questions. Thanks alot..................
DSM TURNED HONDA FAN :worthy:

Do you have really deep pockets?

Build your own turbo kit... just order the parts separately.
But if you were going to get one "for the motor", you'd get a GSR kit.

You don't know that much if you think you can't get that much power out of the b18C1.

I believe at only 7-8psi with the drag kit, it puts out roughly 295whp. If you like to upgrade the internals, or boost higher, 400whp is easily within grasp.

The drag kit is okay, but i don't like teh deltagate wastegate. get tial.

Danny

Originally posted by R6Elmo@Aug 15 2003, 02:15 PM
You don't know that much if you think you can't get that much power out of the b18C1.

Running 12's on a GSR Turbo is a realistic goal.

It sounds like the guy has quite a bit of money, and thats all that is needed.

Back