Lightweight rims for my 95 teg

• Black Rota Slipstreams 15x7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gun Metal Rota Subzero 15x6.5

• Black Rota Subzero 15x

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I am looking for an inexpensive lightweight rim. So far Rota seems to be my best bet. I have a silver car so I am looking for opinions on what would look better black rims or gun metal rims. I am going to get a carbon fiber hood, black tinted windows, maybe smoked tails, and blue lights.

What is the functional difference between 6.5 inch wide rims and 7 inch wide rims?

The bead width is different, and wider wheels can support wider tires. 15x7 is a really good match for a 205/50/15 tire, although 15x6.5 works very well also.

wider footprint

all things being equal the tire with the wider traction patch will have more lateral traction

That IS dumbed down already. Wider = more sticky. There. It's not our fault you're drinking while trying to understand something.

New term: DWFC = Drinking while failing to comprehend

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 17 2004, 10:45 PM
That IS dumbed down already. Wider = more sticky. There. It's not our fault you're drinking while trying to understand something.

New term: DWFC = Drinking while failing to comprehend

:bo:

I'd go with the gunmetal slips. Wider tire = better, and I think black wheels usually look cheap. I like the gunmetal...still not that flashy but shinier than the black.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jun 18 2004, 03:30 PM
You would recommend gun metal rims, even with my carbon fiber hood and black tint?

What do YOU want? Looks are subjective. Go with what you want.

Yeah, I'd buy the gunmetal subzero's if it was me. But key word is if it was me.

I think you should vote republican, bank at Chase Manhatten, date a brunnette, and get the gunmetal slips. Would you like anymore descisions made for you?

I think you should vote republican, bank at Chase Manhatten, date a brunnette, and get the gunmetal slips. Would you like anymore descisions made for you?

I value your opinion; but someone who votes for bush should keep quiet :)

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jun 18 2004, 08:42 PM

:werd:
:withstupid:

Originally posted by VTECPOWER+Jun 19 2004, 02:49 AM-->
projectxspeed
@Jun 18 2004, 08:42 PM

:werd:
:withstupid:

No, you are stupid, not with stupid, I don't vote for Bush, but I think he should.

I mean really, if you can't decide which rims you like, how can you make real life choices?

Even with the hood and tint I'd still say get the gunmetal slips...but ultimately it's your car, and you have to live with it. If you think I'm dead wrong, then go get whatever set of wheels you want.

I have 15x7s in black and they look dope as phuck, I just need to slap some tires on them. :thumbsup:

Back