Whiteline Caster Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SixtySecondAssassin

I recently bought the Whiteline caster kit. Going from the pics on the Whiteline site I thought it was going to be adjustable upper control arm inserts, but it was just a shim kit for the lower control arm. The lock nuts and bolts the came with the kit that were supposed to go together were different pitches so I sent it back, but not before I made a trip to the hardware store and scanned the install sheet. This is the parts list and install sheet for a 5th gen civic:

Whiteline Caster Kit

2 7/16”-20 four inch long bolts, 5/8 head, stainless or zinc plated
2 7/16”-20 nylon-insert lock nuts
20 7/16” SAE size heat treated washers
6 1/2” SAE size heat treated washers

The kit says the washers are 2.1 and 3mm thick. This is not the case. They are about 1.575 and 2.667mm.

kit.JPG

w.JPG

Interesting.

Saleh- you need to change the properties in your Webspace share- it's asking for a password. :)

:lol:

It's probably cheaper down there. It would be nice to have a threaded link in the middle of the control arm to adjust caster, but then you would have cut out some of the support or make it out of tube steel.... it would sure beat adjusting caster with my traction bars though.

swapping the upper control arms left to right will also give you around 2.5 degrees positive caster

Hm. I'd really just want something that's adjustable in any increment like my camber/toe setups- that way I can dial in any settings I want.

Back