Who can figure out the real story?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
North Philadelphia Infant Shot Accidentally by Her Father
by KYW's Hadas Kuznits

A 16-month-old girl was shot early Monday morning, at home in the 200 block of Shedecker Street in North Philadelphia.

Police spokesperson, Corporal Jim Pauley, said the girl's father claims he was cleaning his gun at the time, and it accidentally discharged:

"Her father Kenneth Saunders, 18 years of age, has been charged with aggrevated and simple assault, firearm violations, recklessly endangering another person, and endangering the welfare of a child."

According to police, the firearm belonging to Kenneth Saunders, is illegal, because the serial number had been filed down.

Police issued a search warrant at the girl's home late Monday and found other firearms belonging to Kenneth Saunders. Police have not released any other details about the investigation.

Authoroties say the girl is in good condition at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

One reply to this from a police officer on the bike board was
Well, with Glock pistols, you must look and feel to verify empty, otherwise the first step in breaking the gun down for cleaning will result in a discharge. For those of you who don't know about Glock pistols, in order for you to take the slide off the frame rails, you must pull the trigger.

So it is impossible to have a Glock go off while you were cleaning it unless you somehow put a bullet into the chamber after you disassembled it. It is, however, possible to have a Glock go off when you were "about" to clean it.

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 10 2004, 09:37 PM
And this is relevant WHY?!
[post=375058]Quoted post[/post]​

Becuase if his story is true if he went to clean the gun he would have pulled the trigger...

either way he would be a dumbass for not checking it

which goes back to my orig. comment... guns suck.

they get int he wrong hands too easily

hmm 18... prolly not ready to be a dad

the serial # filed downmeaning the gun was illegal... maybe stolen so we can assume this person is trashy, druggy type...

I bet he did it on purpose because he couldnt afford to pay for the kid...

did his daughter die? or did she live? i mean, he could have shot her, but still could have survived. it doesn't say if she was killed or not. either way, :nobreed: to that guy

Originally posted by Callidus+Aug 10 2004, 11:27 PM-->
did his daughter die? or did she live? i mean, he could have shot her, but still could have survived. it doesn't say if she was killed or not. either way, :nobreed: to that guy
[post=375129]Quoted post[/post]​

Authoroties say the girl is in good condition at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Battle Pope
@Aug 10 2004, 11:32 PM
God I hate people like that.
[post=375134]Quoted post[/post]​

Who? people that can't read?

Both - people who can't read and people who shoot their kids (albeit "accidentally")

:werd: no one should be playing with a gun around babies... period. unless there's someone in my house, or trying to kill someone, and the kid is in the room... but, in that sense... if i was the mother, i'd have shot him and said the kid did it... accidentally of course. after all, she was just trying to clean it, and it went off.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Aug 10 2004, 09:29 PM
"Her father Kenneth Saunders, 18 years of age, has been charged with aggrevated and simple assault, firearm violations, recklessly endangering another person, and endangering the welfare of a child."

According to police, the firearm belonging to Kenneth Saunders, is illegal, because the serial number had been filed down.
[post=375052]Quoted post[/post]​

The statement that the firearm is illegal because the serial number had been filed down doesn't really make sense. The real illegality is that the guy is 18 & it's illegal for anyone under 21 to own a handgun.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel+Aug 10 2004, 10:30 PM-->

Yes, she's ok. :bash: :slap: :asshat: :nobreed:
[post=375132]Quoted post[/post]​

Alex, you got...
gallery_16339_65_1092264166.jpg

Back