Who else ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's up boyz, just lookin for a little insight see if anyone else knows anyone like this, 3 weeks ago, last weekend the track was open a buddy and I, went to the raceway for a couple runs before we put the rides away for the winter, me with 01 type R, my buddy with his 72 VW bug.

Awesome day all around, nice shinnin sun, perfect cold breeze, car was runnin mint, anywayz that VW is pimped, he's got the engine all done up dont really know is setup, aircooled that i know, and he's riddin on my old type R, rims looks pretty cool. Anyways we've raced a bunch of times and i know if i dont fuck up my launch, i can beat him by about .2-.3 of a sec., i have (spoon header, spoon exhaust, arc intake, spoon rims (13.5 lbs),) thats as far as performance inhancer, and the interior front driver seat back gutted, i usually run a 13.8, but i think the cool air helped me out that day 13.7 I was runnin, anywayz he runs a cool 14 flat in his VW, very consistent.

Anywayz im getting to the point of the post, were sittin there chattin, and my buddy asks me lets switch cars for a change, me always skeptical to let anybody drive my car finally give in. Anyways i get in his car and go to the parking lot to get a feel for the clutch, anyways we both line up, lights go and off we go, i had sort of a weak launch tires spun a little not use to that low end torque, look over he's launched and spinnin my tires,i pfinnish the run i knew i beat by a couple car lengths but didnt know by exactly how much, we go back to the shack to get our times.

MY LORD i almost chocked when i seen the times,i ran a 14.3 - compared to his 14 flat he usually runs, and he ran GET THIS 15.9 compared to a 13.8 i can do, he said when i shifted it felt gutless, and i told him rev that bad boy right up to 8500 rpm, he said he was, MY QUESTION IS, DOES ANYONE ELSE HERE KNOW PEOPLE WHO JUST CANT DRIVE HONDA'S, DO WE HAVE A GIFT, I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND, sorry boyz sittin at work trying to waste time but really it kills me.

you cant hop in to a car and know it off the bat... and shitty launchs can effect the numbers

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 26 2003, 08:48 PM
you cant hop in to a car and know it off the bat... and shitty launchs can effect the numbers

:withstupid: 110%

It took me a while to get used to the 8000 rpms to play with. Especially after I was riding around in that spec v which redlined at 6100 rpm.

He said it felt like it had no power after shifting, that's what im tryin to figure out, felt like it was bogging :roll:

maybe his v dub has more torque that can make it feel like no power.... maybe he was hitting rev

its totally true. its hard to hop into another car and race off the bat.

just ask airjockie, celerity, and 94redsigal. during the autox season, i would drive red's car and be on air's heels... had i been driving that car everyday it would have been another story. put me in my own car, even underpowered, im dangerous.

we had a rain autocross and was there with my stock mirage, bad shocks and azenis on heavy 14' revolution rims. i placed second in my stock class (beat only by a wrx) out of 8 - and the gap between me and fastest time of day was only 6 seconds. not bad for 92 horsepower. ftd was either number9 or wildbill, i cant remember...

First off, it's S, not Z, dumbshit. Second, if you refer to me as a boy again, I'm going to fucking ban you. Mmmkay?

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back