Who needs air?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fucking bastard
you got my hopes up thinking they were finally available or something

:ban:

my bad i didn't see/search prior to posting. and they have a quickie int may's issue of SCC. I apologize for my excitement.

I read about these about 6 months ago. pretty sweet stuff. Only problem is for winter uses, these won't work since snow and ice would get in their extremly fast and would cause horrible vibrations (throws the wheel out of ballance) I already get this from time to time, and I have simple 5 spoke del sol wheels.

Another sweet part about them is since there is no air, there can be hole in the actual contact patch and water would be able to flow right through them, which means elimination of hydroplanning.

usually if you read it in SCC, its been here months ago.

same goes for funny pics... i always see shit in maxim.stuff that i've seen on the net months ago. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2005, 04:12 PM
usually if you read it in SCC, its been here months ago.

same goes for funny pics... i always see shit in maxim.stuff that i've seen on the net months ago. lol
[post=482515]Quoted post[/post]​

That's because we are the innovators.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 4 2005, 10:18 AM
I read about these about 6 months ago. pretty sweet stuff. Only problem is for winter uses, these won't work since snow and ice would get in their extremly fast and would cause horrible vibrations (throws the wheel out of ballance) I already get this from time to time, and I have simple 5 spoke del sol wheels.

Another sweet part about them is since there is no air, there can be hole in the actual contact patch and water would be able to flow right through them, which means elimination of hydroplanning.
[post=482495]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking they had no sidewalls just to show how they work. if you corner too hard and the edge of on e the tires caught would would happen? I was thinking that the final product would need to have sidewalls, even if just there for asthetic purposes.

The probably will have some sort of lip or sidewall, but I doubt that the production tires will have a full sidewall. The full sidewall would interfere with the function of the new structure, especially if the sidewall and tire "mesh" (as I call it) were bonded together.

Back