Who Uses An Aftermarket/performance Battery?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have to replace the battery in my prelude (it has been sitting for 6 months and had a batt from '95) and want to get one which weighs less. A friend of mine has a "dyna-batt" racing battery which weighs less than 15lbs, but I can't seem to find one.

Does anyone have any info on this brand name or any other light weight battery?

Thanks, Theron <_<

Get a lighter battery and also relocate that thing to the rear right side of your car...cooler amps and also better weight distribution for your ride.

Milan

Here is some info about the GE battery:
Golden eagle Mfg. proudly announces the release of it's Wicked Power battery!!

Specs:
12V Valve regulated sealed lead acid battery
800 Cold Cranking Amps
Corrosion free
Can be mounted in any position
Delivers 1500 amp peak discharge for a full 8 seconds
Size:
6 13/16" High
9 3/4" Long
5 3/16" Wide
Available soon. Call for details and pricing!!! (909) 592 - 4311

This is from honda-tech.com:
-optima yellow top is what i recommend
-the different colors of optimas are for different cold cranking amps, etc. i have the red one thats all you'll need but again it comes down to preference of colors red= automotive, yellow=slightly better automotive( i think ), blue=deep cycle marine batt. but can be used in cars. in my opinion optima is the way to go.
-14 lbs, will work fine in spring-fall.. Slow in cold winter conditions.. South of VA, this is great!
Oh yea, 70$
-You need to get Optima RED TOP Starter Application battery for your lude. DO NOT get the yellow top, because that is a deep cycler battery. It's not a preference of color, they are for different applications.
-they are different cca's..... (cold cranking amps) but if you must know it doesn;t make a difference...... i worked at a car audio shop for 3 years and many people came in and bought both red and yellow top batteries.... the fact is, the battery really isn't all that important, you want a good alternator such as one from ohio... or if you're lucky and good with a welding machine you can use one from a ambulance..... but thats a lil extreme..... thats for those guys pushing 8 12's or something ridiculous.... next you want good wiring..... the lower the guage the better.... and finally a capacitor..... this will prevent that annoying headlight dimming you see in cars with huge stereos without a good alternator.... much cheaper than buying a ohio generator also.... back to the battery... it doesn't matter...... but if you are running a mild to mid SPL (under 120 db's) stick with the red top...... the yellow will put too much stress on the voltage regulator, since you aren't drawing that much power, but getting alot extra from the battery....... so basically buy the red top....... its cheaper anyway
-check out http://www.optimabatteries.com to find places that sell them. Any place that sells Interstate Batteries can get them, as they are the same company. My shop sells them, but I doubt that does u any good

New Q??
"Sorry guys search didnt help none.Anyone know of any companies that make small light weight batteries?"

-TypeOne Racing!
http://www.aj-racing.com
13.5 lbs vs 30 lbs

-Spoon, Dynabatt, panasonic, holley all make batteries.

have fun,

Milan

Back