who wants a 91 hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

techmage

i posted in here a while back about swapping the engine in my hatchback, i'm not going to anymore. the guy that had the h23 to put in there took the money and ran so i'm out a couple hundred on the new engine, still staring at a 91 with lots of potential but no kinetic, and wishing i had a running vehicle so i could go track that bastage down and get myself thrown in jail for assault with tire-iron. so in all my wishing a 93 civic sedan wanders into my life, and it runs. so if anyone's interested in a 91 hatch sans-engine speak up, i'll let it go for decently cheap. i figure i'll give you guys a shot at it before it hits ebay since y'all were so helpful when i was asking about what to do engine-wise.

alrght, specs are as follows (i'll give you the positive AND the negative on it) its a green 1991 si (i think) moonroof works, backseats have been removed and replaced with a carped kit (i have the seats too though, i just like the kit better for hauling the equipment for my band) stock engine's blown, everything else is cool though. has an aftermarket cold air intake on it. its missing the passenger side widow and the stereo out of it. (both turned up missing at the same time, imagine that, whilst i was going for the tow truck to get it off the side of the road) its wired up to take a rather large amp (i was running 1000 watts and working on scraping enough cash together to add another 4000 to it) after the engine blew i decided i wanted to go bigger and take her to the track. what with being on tour all the time and stuff i wont have time to do that so i've opted to sell her to someone that might put in a bigger engine and race her. as for more negative aspects...drivers side door's got a leaking issue. needs new rubber. the rear right tire leaks air, needs tipping off every 2 weeks or so. i'm in northern californa, near sacramento and as for decent pricing i'm thinking about 7 or 8 hundred to anyone that wants to get her on the track again, but make me an offer. i'd rather see one of y'all get her than see someone offa ebay thats might scrap her for parts or something.

it was in the hills outside sacramento. just some dude i know that swapped the engine in his prelude for something "red" and so he had a h23 in the garage all torn apart. (he was supposed to rebuild the engine with forged parts for me)

Do you have any pics? Also is the blown motor still in it or has that been taken out? Is it a manual tranny and if so is the tranny still in the car too? Let me know I live in Sac and i have a freind who may be interested in it. Thanks

i'll snap some pics with the digicam when the weather gets better and i finish prying that stupid sticker off the window. (the cops managed to tag it with a 'move it or lose it' sticker....they probably ignored the guy breaking the window and jacking the stereo just to stick that stupid sticker on there.) rain's been pretty bad here last couple of days. and as for the rest of the questions. dead engine is still in it as well as the 5 speed manual transmission. the moonroof works beautifully, only problems it has are the busted engine, busted window, no radio, batterey needs to be charged (cuz i'm a dumbass and i left the key in the auxillary position in the driveway) and salvage title. she'll be a speedy little racecar if someone wants to take the time to swap the engine in, but i dont have the time anymore.

too bad you werent closer, i would definately pic that up. assuming it is an si since it does have a moonroof. but good luck selling it

Back