Who's In The Airforce

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prawjEKt Cx

hey whats up... i've been gone for along time but i'm currently at keesler for tech school i'm a Computer Systems Operator, it really doesn't seem like it'll be that bad of a job, but i really can't stand this shit, maybe im just homesick... but i'm getting stationed at Pope in fayetteville NC so that shouldn't be too bad at all really, i'll be there in about a month.. i'm thinking to ditch the hatch and just sell out and get an si because this doesn't really pay enough to dump assloads of money into a car... well it's 4 am and i'm babbling well peace.

I'M A SGT IN THE MARINE CORPS, AND I'M CURRENTLY ON MY WAY BACK TO CALI FROM OPERATION IRAQUI FREEDOM. YOU SHOULD OF JOINED THE MARINE CORPS TO SEE SOME REAL ACTION. :D

I'm in the AF, I sew on SSGT in July. Don't worry the money situation gets better, you just have to pay your dues. Besides, I'm sure you got a good enlistment bonus right?

yea military pay gets better when you move up in rank, the only problem is the air force sucks for makin rank. i joined the navy a lil over a year ago, came in as E3, 6 months later made E4, and im takin the test for E5 in september. i think the military is kinda like unprotected sex, sure it feels good when your in, but when all is said and done, youre sorry you came.

i'm currently an e1, but i go to e2 in a month, then i'll take a year to hit e3, i'm sure that's what i'll leave with... i didn't get a signing bonus, the only good thing is the 60 grand re enlistment bonus, if i go for another 4 years, but i don't see that happening.. i can't really complain though i'm getting a free stay in north carolina and i've always wanted to live there, so whatever i guess.

LOL, that is a good analogy :lol: My best friends just finished his tour of duty. He was a Ranger for four years and he fucking hates it, just fucking can't stand it.
ch53camo1.jpg

Milan

the only way that i would go into the military is as an officer. that is my plan the AF paying for my schooling i give them six years then get a real job after getting trained

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Jun 2 2003, 12:51 AM
the only way that i would go into the military is as an officer. that is my plan the AF paying for my schooling i give them six years then get a real job after getting trained

rotc ownz!!!

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jun 1 2003, 03:19 PM
i'm currently an e1, but i go to e2 in a month, then i'll take a year to hit e3, i'm sure that's what i'll leave with... i didn't get a signing bonus, the only good thing is the 60 grand re enlistment bonus, if i go for another 4 years, but i don't see that happening.. i can't really complain though i'm getting a free stay in north carolina and i've always wanted to live there, so whatever i guess.

if nothing else you should put on E4 at 36mo, you might even have a chance to test before you cycle out. I'm sewing on E-5 at 3.5 yrs (AF), and while I don't intend to stay in, I've enjoyed it while I've been around. Your not in the AF yet, your in tech school. You'll understand better in a year, untill then just suck it up...

Originally posted by biglee414+Jun 2 2003, 11:46 AM-->
DazedCivic99
@Jun 2 2003, 12:51 AM

rotc ownz!!!

i would never do rotc in high school but in college it is a different story they are paying for your school they pay you X amount and you have a for sure job when you get out into the job market and you are getting on the job training

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Jun 2 2003, 12:32 PM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jun 1 2003, 03:19 PM

if nothing else you should put on E4 at 36mo, you might even have a chance to test before you cycle out. I'm sewing on E-5 at 3.5 yrs (AF), and while I don't intend to stay in, I've enjoyed it while I've been around. Your not in the AF yet, your in tech school. You'll understand better in a year, untill then just suck it up...

so are you saying it gets better? i mean i know it will, it already has alot anyways

it gets much better, yourpay goes up, your life becomes more sain. You will move out of the dorms, eventually. And your pay will go up again. You suddenly become a viable target for single girls, military guy=honest guy+pay+benifets+clean, The longer your in the better it gets. Until you get old anyway, but nothing is fun then...

:lol:

Well i guess i am the youngin here, lol
I joined the Navy 2 months ago and i leave in February. I chose Aircrew (dry) and i got a 8,000 sign on bonus. Also enlisted for 6 years instead of 4, why not? lol
I know il prolly not like it at first but i am just trying to set myself up for the future. For A and C school i go to Pensecola,Florida and doing bootcamp in Great Lakes, Can anyone give me any insite on what it will be like?

-Dan

Back