Why am I running lean now?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

<_< I have a 95 LS n/a and it runs great! I put 270cc injectors and fuel rail from a 2000 EK9 CTR on my motor, and now it feels good. Why does my a/f meter say that I am running leanish. Not all the way over to lean but 3/4 the way. I have a B&M fpr and I adjusted the Fuel Presure from 40psi all the way to 70psi and It will not go anywhere near rich........I know that lean is more power but is also Dangerous. I was thinking of some factors but I want to hear what you guys have to say!

HELP!!!

To answer both questions, I pulled the neg. terminal so that should reset the ecu.
My fuel presure stock is 30psi-idle and about 40psi full throttle. I bumped it up to try to richen the a/f mixture. And it stays in the stoich area most of the time toward the lean side of the meter...........I know that they are not too accurate but it should at least cycle form lean to rich as you drive constant speeds, but like I say it stays stoich or in the middle. :roll:

try getting a biger fuel pump if your really worried about it, but i wouldn't worry unless you are hearing detonation. if it doesn't ping i think your okay, just keep the good fuel in it and you should be okay.

I don't think the fuel pump is the answer, it may be, but I think it has to do with maybe the ECU.............It is NOT OK because I have CTR B16B pistons to be installed and then my cr will jump up two pionts. Then I will really see a diff. in A/F mixture.

Anybody back me up or disagree feel free to speack up, fuel systems are another language to me!

I measured 11 ohms on the stock injectors and 12.5 ohms on the CTR's, this may be a factor.

pull the negative off the battery and then stomp on the brakes to bleed the rest of the power. The ECU will keep the memory unless it's COMPLETELY dead. I've taken my terminal off to put in a new starter and it kept my radio settings for some rason.

Back