Why can't these things be faster!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

z06..... out turns, out runs, out priced, and flat out OWNS

+1

there are far too many other cars out there in the same price range that kick the shit out of the NSX in both performance and style, for me to ever even think about getting one
i guess i just never really understood what it is about them that makes people go all apeshit

Its the "dream car" of ricers . . . . "omfg its 6 cyl quad cam vtech!" . . ."that must make 10000 hp!" . . . . "and get 30 mpg!"

hosmer i love how you post the slowest time on the list of s2000s to benefit your post. why didnt you use this one?
2006 Honda S2000 5.5 14.0 (C&D May '06)

hosmer i love how you post the slowest time on the list of s2000s to benefit your post. why didnt you use this one?
2006 Honda S2000 5.5 14.0 (C&D May '06)

02 was the newest NSX listed

theres no 02 or 01 S2K listed so I used the 03....keeping it in the closest production time frame I could for the comparison

If I wanted to "benefit my post" I would've used the 01: "2001 Acura NSX V6 4.5 12.9"

good fucking enough?

Last edited:
The NSX tried to compete with the Ferrari's of the time period, and was actually pretty close and weighed less (with a higher power to weight ratio). Another reason why it was priced so high is partly to do with the high costs of making a car out of aluminum vs steel. And to compare it with a new Z06 is just riduculous, as the Z06 is a 2 year old design, were the NSX is a 18 year old design.

the NSX is like a Bose speaker system
Bose made a GREAT speaker 30 years ago and just never decided to go back and update anything about it

the NSX was a great car in 1990 and honda never bothered to update anything aobut it.... except those sweet ass headlights:rolleyes:
(and yes i know they upgraded the engine by 10hp or some worthless ammount BF'nD)

02 was the newest NSX listed

theres no 02 or 01 S2K listed so I used the 03....keeping it in the closest production time frame I could for the comparison

If I wanted to "benefit my post" I would've used the 01: "2001 Acura NSX V6 4.5 12.9"

good fucking enough?

Quarter mile time for a stock 03 S2000 is 14.0, not 14.9.

Back