why isnt it possible???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
ok im tired of all the BS reasons why a integra gsr motor cant work in an accord or prelude. i mean i dont understand why it wouldnt work....a stock 90-93 honda accord motor non-vtec comes only 130 hp with 137 pounds of torque where as a stock GSR motor comes 180 hp and 128 pounds of torque. thats 50 more horsepower,50. and only a drop of 9 pounds of torque which you can make up by adding some performance bolt-ons easily !! i mean i kno that theres a big weight diffrernce in each vehicle but from what ive referenced..theres only 550 pounds more in an accord from a 94 and newer integra so and were not even talkin about the type-R motor..which is got 200 horse and the same amount of torque that a stock accord motor has...with all this taken into point...theres is no real reason why a b18 swap wouldnt do justice into a bigger size honda vehicles and if there is..someone please let me kno because as far as im concerned...a b18 is the next cheapest and best motor for any homda swap. :typer:

Goddamn.... Where do I start?

Well, first of all, 550 pounds is A LOT OF CAR!!! Ever had three extra people in your car while running the quarter mile? Yeah, that's about what it's gonna be like.

On to these factors:
-Motor mounts
-Shift linkage
-Why?
-Price (GSR swaps cost more than H22 swaps)
-Why??
-Why?!?!
and most importantly....

WHY?!?!?!?!

Why go with less torque and horsepower and pay another grand for it, not to mention I don't even think anyone makes mounts for a B-series into an accord, nor shift linkage that works. Plus there are axles to think about too.

Don't ever try to do this. You are not smart. That is all.

theres really no argueing it......it doesnt work unless you spend alot of money and time on it....its not a senseable thing to do....with a car that weighs alot, you need all the torque you can get....its just not worth it...everything has to be changed....if you want more power for your accord/prelude...buy a h22 and be done with it. its cheaper, easier, and has the power you want....

The preferred civic swap is GSR and the preffered accord swap is the H22A, thats just how it is. oh and WHY!?

For sure, the two biggest issues are engine mounts and linkages. Another issue that wasn't brought up is custom axles (B-series spindles fitting into F/H-series hubs???).

This is silly to keep discussing. I see a :lock: in the near future.

why? Its because the idea of a swap is more power more tq. Why spend more and make a swap harder then it has to be only for less tq and hp then had you gone the easy way IE h22-accord/prelude B series = civic/crx/del-sol/integra. and like some one had said befor the b18 would be the second best motor, well it would be....in the B series line up you seem to have forgot about the b20 for the B series and the H23 for the h and F series line ups. Basicly the civic type line up has motors that rang from a (SOHC non Vtec D series) to a (SOHC Vtec D series) and (DOHC non Vtec B series) to (DOHC Vtec B series) and same for the biger hondas like accord and prelude accept theres are "F" and "H" series instead of "D" and "B".

anything is possible, if u want to put your gsr in your prelude upside down i think it can be done with enough money.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 26 2004, 11:22 PM
why don't you put a 350 in your accord? tHaT's TiGhT jDm StYlE Y0!

fuck a 350 put a bottle fed 383 stroker in that bitch and youll have the mad tight JDM whip of the century yo...you feelin me homie?

Any thing is possible!
just takes time and $

Ive had that idea for a while.

this sounds kinda like the same arguments back around 97 when it was why cant you put an H22 in a civic?

I just happen to have a prelude that is in need of an engine swap. and I just happen to have A B18C1 lying around lookin for a place to call home.
mounts, linkage, axles...... No problem...

there are benifits to putting a smaller motor in a car.
Weight 85lbs less.
better balance front to rear. (if your planning on hitting the road course)
More room for Custom equal length turbo manifold
Larger Turbo
More room for better cooling ---
Radiator, PS cooler, Turbo oil cooler, (turbo oiling system seperate from engine oil)
MT transmission cooler.

the B series will make approx 15% less power on the top end of the scale before it selfdestructs up around 800+whp.

Why do you think that JDM tuners take the 2JZ out of supras and install 3SGTE's -- same reasons.

But when it all comes down to it the H22 is Plug and Play and you cant beat the prices now a days.
Not like back in the late 90's when they were $4500-5000 a pop cause of all the civic h22 Rage.

so unless you want something truely different. just go with the H22.

anyways im thinkin of selling my EG that i was going to put that B18 in so im going to sell the hatch and motor together.

Besides i have an H22A4 lined up to take out of a car next month to install a fully built turbo H22 in and im doing the swap and custom shit in exchange for the old H22.

:spin:

try to be on this web sait for a little wile and just read and don't ask questions like that, a B on a BB1 or watever doesn't work,

too fuking heavy, and also a H22 is cheaper and better, lol,
you can do it if you a retard, and have allot of $$$ and also that's like a 4 door GSR,

Yes h22 in an accord>b-series swap. Easier and better platform to start with. And why would you want to lock this, it is a valid question for someone who wants to learn.

Originally posted by typeSHgirl@Feb 27 2004, 02:35 AM

the B series will make approx 15% less power on the top end of the scale before it selfdestructs up around 800+whp.

I wish my b-series would self destruct at 800whp.... no really

We don't die.. we dead. Down with the clown till I'm dead in the ground, juggalette.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back