why wont it fire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

somethingclever

ok heres the deal. gotta 96 civic that had a d16y7 and it dropped a rod :angry: moneys tight so i couldnt drop much coin on a b series or an h-22 which is what i really want but fate sat a 95 civic ex with a d16z6 in my lap that was wrecked, well i know very little about hondas but i gave it a shot and swapped the engine and all the wiring into my 96, all is well but it just wont fire :blink: injectors fire, has fuel, has juice to the coil, battery is regestering 12.5v, new cap rotor wires and plugs. nobody where i live seems to have the slightest clue where to start so im asking for you help please tell me what you think.

Originally posted by somethingclever@Nov 10 2004, 02:59 AM
ok heres the deal. gotta 96 civic that had a d16y7 and it dropped a rod :angry: moneys tight so i couldnt drop much coin on a b series or an h-22 which is what i really want but fate sat a 95 civic ex with a d16z6 in my lap that was wrecked, well i know very little about hondas but i gave it a shot and swapped the engine and all the wiring into my 96, all is well but it just wont fire :blink: injectors fire, has fuel, has juice to the coil, battery is regestering 12.5v, new cap rotor wires and plugs. nobody where i live seems to have the slightest clue where to start so im asking for you help please tell me what you think.
[post=414593]Quoted post[/post]​

did you use your harness that came in your CAR...you can't use the one from the D16Z6...it's obd-1.

i think the timing is dead on, i could be wrong i never took the distributor loose from the engine, just the cap and rotor, somebody said it could be the coil but i really want to be certain before i buy one here cuz its $135 at my local parts supplier. if its hopeless id rather not be out more money than what its worth, im not really very knowledgable about these fuel injected cars, all ive ever messed with was simple carbeurated engines, ive been studyin a haynes manuel but its greek to me as far as tracing the wiring through their diagrams, i hope i havent messed up by swapping all the wiring out of my wrecked car, btw the wrecked car was running and drivable, just really really messed up in the back, i swapped the tranny and all.

Originally posted by somethingclever@Nov 10 2004, 04:41 PM
i think the timing is dead on, i could be wrong i never took the distributor loose from the engine, just the cap and rotor, somebody said it could be the coil but i really want to be certain before i buy one here cuz its $135 at my local parts supplier. if its hopeless id rather not be out more money than what its worth, im not really very knowledgable about these fuel injected cars, all ive ever messed with was simple carbeurated engines, ive been studyin a haynes manuel but its greek to me as far as tracing the wiring through their diagrams, i hope i havent messed up by swapping all the wiring out of my wrecked car, btw the wrecked car was running and drivable, just really really messed up in the back, i swapped the tranny and all.
[post=414927]Quoted post[/post]​

no you need to use the harness that came with YOUR car...like i said above.

:D thank you, i really appreciate the advice, now i have something to do this weekend.

Back