Wich resitor For 450cc DSM Injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

Ok im confused again,wich resistor do i need to run for the blue DSM 450cc injectors on my 90 civic turbo setup.Can i still use my stock one or will i need to make some modifications B)

same question for a 96 civic, can you use the stock resistor or is it key to use the dsm one? not tryin to jack a thread sorry man!!!111!!

there is no resisotr on a 92+ civic. they switched to saturated injectors.

you'd need to score a box form the 88-91 civic's to use them on the newer obd1/2 ecus

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 18 2003, 01:07 AM
so i can shove in the injectors and re-wire them? pissdoff YOUre at work arentya

you will need 4 10 watt 10 ohm resistors wired in line with a injector wire...either one is fine

you can get them at radio shack for like 4 bucks for all of them

sweet man thanks SOL hmmm so i use the stock,but how about the air fuel controller what do you recommend i use as a controller do i need to chip my ECU for a turbo set up or a controller of some sort..THANKS

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 18 2003, 01:58 AM
sweet man thanks SOL hmmm so i use the stock,but how about the air fuel controller what do you recommend i use as a controller do i need to chip my ECU for a turbo set up or a controller of some sort..THANKS

YOU wont need the resistors...obd0 civics should have the stock resistor box in place

i was talking to the dude with the 96 civic...thus the quoting in my post :)

but yeah you will need a vafc or something...look into ghettodyne.com if you want to chip your ecu

OK thanks so this is all i will need to control the the injectors a V-AFC or S-AFC wich one is better ??

vafc = vtec motor
safc = non-vtec motor

other than that, they are the same

I ask the wrong question,this is the right one ?? Will i need the Vtec to run while i am using my turbo or is it better to disconnect the vtec and if so where would you recommend i disconnect it from.If that makes sense.

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 18 2003, 06:39 PM
I ask the wrong question,this is the right one ?? Will i need the Vtec to run while i am using my turbo or is it better to disconnect the vtec and if so where would you recommend i disconnect it from.If that makes sense.

why would you want to disable vtec on a b16? so it can have 106 whp and 68 lb ft? :p

Back