Wich Stock Motor Is Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Wich stock motor is better?
1. Prelude 1997 +. H22A motor?
2. Integra GSR 1997 +?
3. Integra Type-R 1997 +?

Wich motor is the best? well the better one? The H22A is 2.2L so i think it's the one you can more performance out of it. But hey i don't know everything ;)

Well give my your input on this.

I don't think you really want to compare the H-series and the B-series. They're all manufactured by Honda, so in terms of reliability and strength, they're about the same. The B18C5 is obviously a better engine than the B18C1, but that's because it's an R.

Anyway, you might wanna ask which engine would be better for a certain car. Without anything to reference, it's tough to say which is "better".

the b18c5 is good for goin n/a....
the b18c1 is good for boost....
the h22a is good for n/a...

i would go with the h22a just because it has more displacement

it's not for a Swap. It's just a info.
Because i have a 1997 prelude, and i'm not sure if i wanna sell it and buy my self a Integra Type-R or GSR.
should i change my prelude? for a Integra Type-R? or the H-serie motor is better?

If I didn't have a car at all, I'd probably opt for an ITR, if I could find one at a decent price. But you've already got a Prelude. It's a great car. You'll only lose money by selling it and finding an ITR. The Prelude is a great platform for performance. Start modding the hell out of it and be happy with it. :)

Thanks man! :D

I wasn't sure anymore, because everyone is talking about B18C5 and C1 and blah blah...so wasn't sure no more if the H-serie motor was really good, and up for it, because here in Canada, don't see much of modified H-serie motor on prelude. so got me think, probably for nothing like you told me :D :D

Well that's for sure, i'm gonna put my mooooney on the moootor :D

wut???I thaught theres alot of h22 swapped accords up there in canada...and u havent heard much bout h series up there..where have u been....h22 is one of the biggest and baddest handa has to offer...u got a good motor but i dont know bout the vehicle its in...I heard
your generation prelude is very heavy...but still not a bad platform to start I guess..

you the h22 is a good motor but i think the prelude is over rated because of it. any one of those motors are great but you have to build them right. you can spend the same amount on parts and get more for the b series, cause the are more available

Saying the Prelude is overrated because of its engine is like saying the Integra GSR is overrated because of its engine.

Plus, the differences in cost are slim to none between H and B-series engines. The difference comes in number of manufacturers for each kind of part.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord Posted on Apr 28 2003@ 09:07 PM
The difference comes in number of manufacturers for each kind of part.

And the application,in a swap sense.

Back