1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wikedeye's EJ Build: Take 2

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by wikedeye, Mar 23, 2010.

1. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

Ok I started a thread a long time ago and never really got anywhere. Now I am back on track so instead of bringing back a dead thread I started a new one. I am working on my 93 coupe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far I have gutted the interior and replaced the tan/brown parts with black. I replaced the stock steering wheel with a Momo tuner series wheel. I also took the fabric off the door panels and rear speaker covers and painted them to match. This picture is a bit old, but I have replace the e-brake handle and seat belts as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next I added rear disc brakes from a 94 integra, and skunk2 coilovers (which I will be replacing in the future).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put front and rear strut tower braces from skunk2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have also added a front sway bar from a 94 ex, and a comptech rear sway bar with subframe brace. I also have an Apexi WS2 cat back and I love the way it sounds. It is quiet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now on to the engine. I bought a wrecked car for $800 which included a b16a, gsr tranny, exedy clutch, and various other parts which I sold and made $1000. So really someone gave me a b16 and $200 and said have a nice day. Pics of the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some pics of the engine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have broken down the engine and had the block honed and the head milled,
    cleaned, pressure tested and re-sealed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I painted the valve cover, block, and tranny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have ordered all the necessary parts for the engine rebuild. I got a new oil and water pump, all new gaskets, bearings, rings, header, and bolts where needed. I have a p28 ecu that I am having chipped. This is just going to be a stock rebuild, nothing fancy. I am rebuilding for the first time so I thought I would stay stock for now. Later maybe I will try something a little more power oriented.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator

Looking awesome man! Looks just like how the car should have come from the factory. I love seeing builds like this!
  3. wikedeye

Thanx. I want to keep it as stock as possible.
  4. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

giggity giggity i like where this is goin!

lol, no but seriously though, it's lookin good.
  5. wikedeye

I updated the first post with more pics of the block and tranny. I also have some more pics of the rebuild progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats as far as I have gotten, but I should have it all back together by next week.
  6. Matts96HB

Matts96HB Supah Moderatah Moderator

lookin good :thumbsup:
  7. wikedeye

Thanx. I am actually going to finish it this time.
  8. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

why the devil did you leave the reverse solenoid on when painting the trans? woulda taken a lot less time to take it out versus taping the bastard off lol
  9. wikedeye

I wanted all the clips and brackets to match so I left it on and taped off. This way the new looking trans has new looking hardware. I am going to paint all the motor mount brackets as well for the same reason.
  10. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

good job!!!!~
  11. Matts96HB

that car that you bought.. WTF did the previous owners do to it?
    that thing was HAGGARD :huh:
    but score on the b16 swap inside ;)
  12. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator

nice.. ur going to replace the headstuds w/ some ARPs right?
  13. wikedeye

The guy ran it into a guard rail. Bad for him...good for me.

Actually I am just using new oems. Its just an oem rebuild so I didnt really think the arp's were worth it. $120 versus $66.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Matts96HB

i was referring to the interior.. WTF?
    wires running everywhere, bare wires, a seat that appears to have been in a fire at some point, carpet fail.. poor car. :ph34r:
    i just dont know how someone could do all that crap to a car in that way and think it turned out well..

glad to see its in the right hands now, though. :thumbsup:
  15. wikedeye

You dont know the half of it...This kid had tvs, shaved door handles, riveted on body kit, shaved gas door (and the replacement of the gas intake was terrible), shaved license plate, black fake leather on all the trim with red stitching and the car had blueish grey interior. There were wires for the stereo, and all the other crap he had rigged up in there. He took all the carpet and the seats before I got it. He had replaced the front clip at some point. I had some pics of the really bad welding job that was done, but I deleted them.

Anyway the car is gone now and the engine is getting a little love. I updated the op with some more pics. I am just waiting on one part to come in and then I will get this engine back together.
  16. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

looks good man!
  17. wikedeye

Thanx...I have taken so many pictures already, I think I might do a full how to on putting a b16 together.
  18. Boosted199

Boosted199 New Member

that might be a great idea and it really looking good, good luck
  19. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

wow did that guy never change his oil or what? look at the cam cap girdle! its a good thing you rebuilt it!
  20. wikedeye

I dont know. It was really dirty. Everything is in good shape though luckily.