Will a 2.3 98 accord motor fit in a 96 integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlmotors

I know this sounds crazy, but I have built a 96 integra circle track race car. they are making everone take out the DOHC and run a SOHC motor. I think the 2.3 liter accord motor or the 2.3 98 Acura CL motor has the most power for a SOHC. If I am wrong let me know. My question is which would the best motor choice be and what kind of trouble am I going to run into with the swap or will they even fit. Also will I need axles, what kind of transmission will work, what kind of computer and wiring harness and how about motor mounts? Are these motors beter that the JDM civic vtec motor? Thanks for your time.

It's basically gonna be like doing an H22 swap into an Integra as far as mounting it goes. For the ECU, you'll need whatever ECU goes with the motor you choose.

That kinda sucks that they are making you pull your dual cam motor and run a single cam. You probably would have been better off starting with a Civic if you would have known that ahead of time.

didn't you already post a thread about this?

What could I do for the ECM to help it out and also will the vtek come in like a SOHC civic motor will? Does anyone know how much that tranny adapter is?

Are you talking about the f series motor or f series computer?

Back