will a bad o2 sensor damper boost response

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbowagon92

what up,i have a bad o2 sensor in my honda wagon h22a1 t3/t4 turbo,right now my a/f ratio gauge is not pickin up any signal, meter stays on lean and doesn't move.the meter was workin properly, so i believe the o2 sensor is the problem.now spooling of turbo is not the same and car feels like it's not gettin enough fuel.my question is can o2 sensor cause this problem?before when a/f ratio gauge was gettin signal and workin properly spooling was fast and boost felt amazing(10psi,built motor)

Attachments

• PIC00027.JPG
    PIC00027.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 211
Yes it can and will but an O2 sensor can only effect about a 2-5% difference in air/fuel ratio some will consider this a big problem some wont but personally I feel that 2-5% change with any power adder can cost your engine its life if you let it continue long enough, so fix it but depending on what year your car is I would run a scan-tool to see whats wrong with your car you can find one for OBD2 cars for around $99.99 older cars just change it anyway especially if its the same one from factory

Back