****Will a D16a6 'dizzy' work in a D15b???****

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Well, just like it reads. My d15's dizzy just pooped out on me (I thought it was all the rain since It started showing a 8 code after hitting a puddle. Praise GOD I made it thru all the rain to my home/garage.

There is all sorts of Magnetic material all around the coil/pickups.. (Strange, NEVER seen that before)
Anyhow. I've wanted to do this MPI swap and already have the dizzy in addition of all the other parts from the EX to do so.

WILL THIS DIZZY WORK ON/IN A D15B2??? It's my daily, so I need a answer kinda quick.

Thanks.. E

Yeah... Thanks..
NOPE the plugs are different. I wonder if they can be de-pined?
It looked as if there was 5-6 for the d15 and about 8 for the d16.

Which leads me to ask if the dizzy from my ol D16a1 would work??
It won't be 'til mon that I can go yardin.

I took a look at this one and the torx heads on the screws have a lovely little TIT in the center that just messed up my bit.. (kept it from seating and thus screwin up the teeth on the end)
I wanted to take the coil and the other stuff that wasn't messed up out but these dang TITS are messing with me.
Maybe if i can use a punch or nail to knock it out I can get the bit in enough to unscrew them.

E

Praise GOD..!

Found a civ hatch with most all stuff gone BUT, the dizzy looked rebuilt and just sitting there off on top of the trans.. I barely even got dirty.
It looked as if someone used a O-ring from a headlight to go around the base though..?

Anywho, paid the $24.00, cleared the codes, fired right up. Whooho.

E

Back