will it fit and how will it perform

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i have a pet of b16 pistons in my garage that are in good condition. i was wondering if they would fit in my gsr motor and go good will it run? if they dont fit as well as i hoped, what do i have to do to make them fit? :hmm:

wow! :D dats a beast then but i know the b16 and ls rod head is wider than the type r and gsr. will i have any problem with that? and what will i need to do?

The B16 piston does use a larger rod- but that means that your stock rods won't have any clearance issues going into the B16 piston. You'll have plenty of room. The journals on your crankshaft will keep the rods in place so they won't slide around. If you look on most aftermarket forged pistons for Hondas, there's plenty of room for the rod to "walk" around on the wrist pin inside the bottom of the piston. You'll be fine.

Of course, you could always try to use CTR pistons too. The CTR pistons use the thinner rods, and they would take your compression up to 12.4:1 in the GSR block. Since you have the B16 pistons- just use those and be happy. It'll still be pretty easy to tune at that compression ratio, and you can run with a more aggressive set of cams than you would use with the stock compression and get even better results.

i have a skunk 2 p28 ecu and i took my butter fly out of my manifold. how would ctr cams, springs, and retainers help me with what i just mentioned and the b16 pistons?

If you took the butterfly OUT I think you might have problems- wouldn't that allow air to travel down both the short and long path? You could get a bit of turbulence in the manifold.... but I'm not sure. I would just replace the entire manifold with a Skunk2 unit or something.

On the ECU, I would go with custom tuning via Hondata or Uberdata. You'll get a lot more out of your engine than with a pre-made program. CTR cams will definitely help, but something more aggressive like a Skunk2 stage 2 or a Jun Type 3 will probably net you more power.

Back