Will JDM 96-00 B16A Injectors Work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need an injector for my CRX. Can I replace them all with 96-00 B16A Injectors. My No. 2 injector is sticking open (I'm pretty sure but I haven't checked the fuel pressure yet) Anyway do I have to modify the plugs or are these a plug and play item?

Sorry, It's a 1990 Honda CRX Si w/ first gen JDM B16A. It is running rough and it failed the emissions test (smog test). The results were very high Hydrocarbons and very high Carbon Monoxide. Well running rough is kind of an understatement. Anyway, the car is running way too rich. I've checked for vacuum leaks, I have spark on all four cylinders, and none of the plugs are fouled. No. 2 cylinder has gas on the spark plug (visibly soaked) and all the rest have normal wear. Now the spark plug could be defective (which I never thought of until now so I will switch it with another cylinder).

Anyway if I can some used injectors from a 96-00 B16A will these work in my application without modifying the plug or will they have to be modified? Will they work at all? That's what I need to know

B16 is OBD-0, those injectors are OBD2 (a or b dont know). With this said they wont plug and play. You can use any B series injector though, injectors from a B18A or Civic/CRX Si (i think). At least hte ones from a B18 will work.

As far as I've seen, all of the b-series injectors are the same with the exception of the plug, so if you have the injectors from an obd2 motor, you will need to rewire the harness with obd2 plugs that will fit the adaptors, but that will be a pain. The b18a from a 90-91 integra will be ideal, and will plug right in with no modifications. I don't know if the d-series obd0 injectors will work, but I'm sure there are people on this site with the answer. The b16a1 injectors are NOT obd0, they are obd1, and will still require the same rewiring as obd2 injectors

Thanks Guys. Do the 90-91 integra injector flow the same as the B16a?

Not to post whore or anything, but is there a guide on the site stating the difference b/n peak hold and saturated injectors? The injection and ignition systems are the two newest systems in the car that I'm learning about, and quite frankly, a bit of a mystery. So if anyone can spell it out to me, my brain is a blank slate... you get my drift? I also would like some info on what a resistor box is. I am in college and do have fundamental electronics under my belt so please don't hesitate to put as much technical info as possible. Thanks

I always thought that the obd0 injectors were high impedance injectors (meaning you need the resistor box), and on obd2 they are low impedance meaning there is no resistor box. On that logic you cannot use the injector. But if I am wrong, please tell me.

Back