will ls/vtec beat a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

venom22

I wanted to know if ls/vtec would beat a grs both with,E.I.H. Because a kid i know has grs in a civic and i want to get lsvtec but want to know if it will beat him.

It matters, all about how you build it and what numbers you put up compared to him in hp range.

Gotcha, I was thinkin of saving up and buying ls/vtec from import builders. But the guy told me he would give me $350 for my setup. Thats a little cheap isnt it i mean i could sell my setup on hear and get more couldnt I. Possibly

Considering that both drivers will run the same way, and you have the same tranny, with the same head, ecu, in the same car with the same rims, tires, and gasoline and the only difference is you have an ls bottom VS a gsr bottom then you should produce more tq since you have a ~36cc's more displacement then assuming every condition is the same then you should take him BUT things never work out this way. Best way to explain is

GSR = 1797cc's
LS = 1834cc's

There you go with displacement.

Milan

What about the R/S ratio? I'd say the lsvtec will win, assuming driving factor, and setups are similar.

My good buddy has LS/Vtec on his car he always fyckin womps on GSR's no problem. Now granted his brother is a Honda Tech and has all the knowledge in the world about setin the car up right. Driver skill has a lot to do with it

Darin

Both motors are just going to sit there, till you put them in a car, then too many factors to name are going to dictate the out come of a race. And H22 in a crx could lose to a mack truck under the right circumstances'.

If every factor and motor spec was the same (no way in hell could it be anyways) then the more displacement would win. But this will never happen since there are way too many variables to list that effect final times.

Milan

Originally posted by haccord141@Jun 29 2003, 05:53 PM
what is a mack truck?
and wht does E.I.H. stand for?

peace

Mack truck, is a Mack truck, it's a company that makes 18 wheelers. E/I/H, more often written I/H/E as that is the order it goes in, is, Intake/Header/Exhaust.

Also since a LSvtec can be built a variety of ways, it isn't a set motor with known specs, you can't just say "a LSvtec produces XXXhp".

war

Thanks for replys, 94b16vx thats a good way of puting it. But like i said what good do you think the one from importbuilders would do me and is it worth it. This is just wanting to know what you guys "think". :thumbsup:

The IB motors are quality through and through, but you could get a better builld or cheaper if you do it yourself. You need to research, and figure out what will work for you and your final goals, and go from there.

25,000miles :imgone: :imgone: :imgone: :imgone:
What happen to it was it not built or something. I mean i dont want to invest in something thats not gonna last. Im sorry that crap happen to you, I know that sucks. If i build it it will last wont it. Oh and one more thing did you race it like all the time like killin it or where you resonable about how you drove and tell me the truth cause that will decide weather I kill it or not :D .

Well if you look at the hp and tor the ls/vtec should be the better motor. The hp reads about 165-170 at the wheels and the tor is about 140-140 at the wheels. If you look at the gsr you lose about 20% from the stock numbers because of the belts etc.. so you should end up with 135-140 hp. I am not exactly sure what the tor is but you can be sure that stock It is only at 127 I think and no where near the ls/vtec. You do the math. Which one do you think is better now? ;)

And you would be completely wrong.

The LSVTEC might be slower, it depends on the build.

The LSVTEC might be more reliable, again it depends on the build.

Back