Will my shift Linkage work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

I have a 1997 Civic CX (hatch) and I am going to be putting a B20 or B18 in it. Do i need a different shift Linkage or is the Tranny going to be the Exact same Distance Away? I dont know if I should buy it just to be safe or if I should save my money?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 12 2005, 02:25 PM
you need new linkage
[post=444640]Quoted post[/post]​

What kind of Linkage do I need to get then? GSR or ???? I dont know Because I can make my own linkage if I have to.

Because I think the Linkage from the Integra is too long. Compared to my Civics linkage

You need a hybrid linkage that you can get from hasport or any of the other motor mount companies. Just order one when you get your mounts.

I think the integra linkage will work, on hasports site it says b series linkage 92-00 civics. I used 96 Teg linkage in my 92, 93 and other 92 and it works fine. I think you should try that before you waste an extra 30-40 bucks over the normal price.

You could also make it, but no one recommends that.

you don't need anything special or hybrid crap.

you ned a 94+ integra (any trim) or 99-00 civic si linkage

the del sol vtec linkages were on backorder when i originally did my swap, so i modified the D series shift linkage, it worked for a while to get the car running, but all in all it was shitty. the stabilizer bar and the shift rods are on opposite sides so you have to bend and extend them so they crossover

Or you can do it the ghetto way - and cut existing linkage and extend it (I think it's about .5" or something like that).

i know in the 92-95 d series the stabilizer bar and the shift rod mounting locations were on opposite sides compared to the b series. I'm not sure if that is the same with the 96+ but i assume it is so in that case, extending them .5" wouldn't work they would have to be bent like i did to mine

Back