Will P06 work with D16Z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b_ricker

I have searched all over for this information. What is the major difference other than that the P06 has no vtec wired into it. Is the timing different? The reason I ask is because I dropped a D16Z6 in a 94 DX and engine turns but will not start. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

More importantly will it even start.... I am trying to isolate the problem and if it is the ECU it will save me lots of time.

yeah, it'll work. you just won't have vtec like you said. the two engines aren't too different. it won't run as well as it would with a p28... but it will run it well enough to get around until you get a better ecu.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, it'll work. you just won't have vtec like you said. the two engines aren't too different. it won't run as well as it would with a p28... but it will run it well enough to get around until you get a better ecu.

Do you have any suggestions then as to why it is almost starting then immediatly stops? Almost like a sputter then it dies because I have double checked all my connections. Any help would be great. thanks.

i've run a b16 on a p06, and it ran fine. a p06 will run a z6 fine. either your ecu is shit... or something else is wrong.

Wow so I found out what it was, I ordered the distributor from a place used and when they took it out they dropped it and broke the the part that sticks out of the ignition coil... then glued it back on. Luckily there was an ignition coil in the other one... changed it out and the engine fired right up. I appreciate all those who were able to help out.

Back