Will P13 ECU work with my swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeanJoyce.com

Hey guys, I just put a JDM H22a AUTOMATIC in my 92 Accord. I bought an OBD1 P13 ECU from Honda Depot on eBay, BUT I think they sent me an OBD2 P13 because it has 4 prongs. Anyway, I'm currently using my stock ECU from the Accord (non-vtec) for now. My question is, what the hell should I do? I've heard many mixed opinions and have pretty much come to this conclusion... install the 4 prong P13 ECU and plug my 3 prong harness into it, then use the stock tranny control module also. Sound like it'll work? please let me know what you think. Oh, in case you're wondering why I installed an automatic its because I'm paralyzed and need to use hand controls, therefore cannot use clutch/stick. Thanks for any input!

Hell no man, I'd send it back and have them ship you the correct ECU. You paid for it, get what you paid for. You COULD get an adapter harness or rewire the harness, but it's really not worth it.

some OBD1 P13 has 4 plugs, one of the plug is for 4WS....even so it should work, just leave that extra plug alone...onless it's really an OBD2...you should try it...if the plugs fit then it's OBD1 and if it doesn't fit then is OBD2

Back