will this bolt in???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it will bolt right in, you may have to add a couple of wires though

ok, what i ment is will it use all of the same parts as my d15... or what parts might i need... i did read the FAQs thank you... they just dont give any details..., what motor would be easyest and cheapest to put in my car???
:snail:

Don't use a 89-91 B16, save the trouble and get a 92-95. Right OBD, right tranny, right mounts, right wiring, just the right motor.

:concur:, and after you read the FAQ's, then post again... oh dont forget to fucking search lazy ass!

D series parts fit d series engines, b series parts fit b series engines, easy as that although there are some acceptions (TB, [sometimes the VSS]) you get the point. Look around for good prces on engines.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 19 2003, 12:34 PM
D series parts fit d series engines, b series parts fit b series engines, easy as that although there are some acceptions (TB, [sometimes the VSS]) you get the point. Look around for good prces on engines.

FYI - B series Throttle bodies bolt onto D series MPFI engines like the HF (CRX) and Si's (Civic and CRX). It adds throttle response due to it's larger size!

If your on a budget, b18a/b1, if your pockets open to anything gsr. I wouldn't swap a b16 for the simple reason of TORQUE. a b18b1 can always be transformed into an lsvtec or just a turbo turbo motor. GSR's are also excellent motors but can be a little pricey.

B16 WILL NOT BOLT UP to your D series enging

you will need a complte harness since you will have to change from OBD-1 to OBD-0
you would be better to get a 2nd gen B16, some Hasport mounts and then the whole process would be a lot easier

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back