Will this fit my Cable Tranny???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't. :(

You could convert to hydraulic and have that many more transmission choices open to you, including the ones with OEM LSDs in them.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 18 2003, 11:43 PM
t his is why we say go with the tranny of your chassis.

Milan

I do have the tranny that came in my chassis, I don't think anyone made a diff specifcally for it. More to the point when this tranny goes I want better gearing. So I will have to get a tranny that did not come in my chassis because the 93 GSR tranny would cost me a kidney.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 18 2003, 07:00 PM
I don't. :(

You could convert to hydraulic and have that many more transmission choices open to you, including the ones with OEM LSDs in them.

I thought about that, but I don't want to spend any more money on modifying this car until I make a descision on what I am goign to do with it.

i figured the whole insides of the trannies would be the same, regardless of hydro or cable, all that has to do with is the actuation of the clutch right?

That is an excellent question that I have been asking for a while. If that is the case then I want the guts out of a 94+ GSR tranny. But Acura in Boulder CO told me that the bell housing changed from 93 to 94 so the guts of the 94+ won't fit the 93 bell housing and vice versa. If someone can reliably confirm or deny this that would be extremely helpful.

That is only the opinion of one delareship, I have heard from others that it is possible. I got the same results from some of the import shops when I was living in CO. Some said you could do it, some said you could not, others said they ahd no idea. Does anyone have any credible answer to this question?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 21 2003, 11:11 AM
That is only the opinion of one delareship, I have heard from others that it is possible.

this reminds me when i was talking to the Honda dealer back in 99 about swapping the 99 si B16A2 into my 96 DX, they told me it would be near impossible because of wiring and emissions. ever since then i now know they dont know shit. can only really go by those that have done it.

Back