Will this work and be legal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that's not a break light with a white lens?

yea, that looks like a brake light with a white lense to me. cause if thats not a brake light then what are the 2 white circles on the supra tails for?

I believe it is a reverse light, but if not I'll just put in on and put in some white bulbs and wire it as a reverse light. But I still can't find one anywhere, Anyone know where I could pick one up?

I was searching for a reverse light. No wonder I couldn't find it. I'm also looking at a few truck reverse lights. But this project will happen towards the end of the summer, so I can look around for what I want.

I know this isnt what you want to hear, but why dont you leave the tails alone.. why would you spray paint factory lenses and try to find an alternate reverse light.. and then attempt to tastefully integrate it into the rear of the car?

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

I vote leave 'em alone.

phyregod said:
I know this isnt what you want to hear, but why dont you leave the tails alone.. why would you spray paint factory lenses and try to find an alternate reverse light.. and then attempt to tastefully integrate it into the rear of the car?

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

I vote leave 'em alone.

he has a set of the oh so popular altezza taillights. my vote was to just paint them all red and not worry about having a white reverse light. but whatever.

get_nick said:
he has a set of the oh so popular altezza taillights. my vote was to just paint them all red and not worry about having a white reverse light. but whatever.
I'll probably wind up doing that until the first cop bothers me about it. My area has a few dickheads. Like dickhead to the point that I give them 4 PBA cards, and they will still give me a ticket.

just pull the lens out of third brake light (the middle one) and wire it as a reverse light. Simple and easy.

MikeBergy said:
just pull the lens out of third brake light (the middle one) and wire it as a reverse light. Simple and easy.

because it will still be red...

get_nick said:
because it will still be red...

Did you fail to read the 'take the lens' part? The only reason they are red is because of a red lense in front of the white bulbs. Check it out. It works, at least it does on my integra.

MikeBergy said:
Did you fail to read the 'take the lens' part? The only reason they are red is because of a red lense in front of the white bulbs. Check it out. It works, at least it does on my integra.
The LED wing light or the third brake light? I thought a car needed the third brake light.

Third brake light. Why would they need it? legality? I live in California where the laws suck worse than almost any other state, and I have never been pulled over for it or my lack of a front license plate, which, by law, you 'must have'.

MikeBergy said:
Third brake light. Why would they need it? legality? I live in California where the laws suck worse than almost any other state, and I have never been pulled over for it or my lack of a front license plate, which, by law, you 'must have'.
Looks like after I work my 7 shifts from Fri-Tue I'll be playing around with this. But I'll def need some help wiring everything.

Yea it will. Update on my idea thought. I'm not doing it. Seems ricey to me now.

PS-You should start your own thread for a new question.

Back