will this work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Will a VTEC water pump fit on a non-VTEC engine. Let me know before I buy one, thanks

You have to buy a VTEC timing belt as well. The non-VTEC pump has fewer teeth so the VTEC pump will thow your timing off a little more every revolution.

Ok, thanks LSVTEC, nice to see you are still alive. Will the VTEC water pump do a better job at keeping my engine cool? Thanks everyone.

School is really kicking my ass this semester.

It won't cool your engine any better. The difference is the VTEC pump is geared to spin slower than the LS pump. This allows the VTEC pump to keep pumping water at 8000 RPM+ when the LS pump can start to cavitate(sp?).

So it actually does keep the engine cooler just at higher R's? Siorry to hear about school, but you just got to keep on keepin on!

i got a b20 pump, i heard that is the same as the type-r but the b20 uses the same timing belt as the b18b.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 10 2003, 09:26 AM
So it actually does keep the engine cooler just at higher R's? Siorry to hear about school, but you just got to keep on keepin on!

Yes except if you engine doesn't see over 7500-8000RPM then you won't see any benifit.

I have not heard that about the B20 water pump. As far as I know the LS and B20 use the same water pump.

i think i've heard that, but about the oil pump instead...

Back