win7 backup -> adobe folders?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
I have an odd problem.
Since installing the adobe cs4 suite, many of my windows menus have ceased to function correctly. The links simply take you to adobe version cue folders instead of the desired location.

I've tried un-installing version cue (don't need it) but it still goes to that folder.

win7 x64

anyone seen this before?

YouTube - weird backup win7.avi

No, I'm not sure that my cs4 package is totally legit for me to be using as it was from my old work... While not a pEYErated copy, i'm not 100% sure what their license status is on it and its not worth getting in trouble over.

this is why image backup = win. i hate the windows backup utility. at least with the image backup it will just overwrite everything with how it was. with windows backup, if you format your hard drive it wont restore the backup cause it thinks its a different computer. at least thats what happened last time i tried. i just didnt want to fuck with it anymore. with image backup available in win7 i have no need for anything else.

only problem is that it cant do incremental backups, must be run manually, and uses lots of space if you want more than one image. i just manually backup everything data wise to a separate hard drive, and make monthly images (deleting the old) to restore installed programs and such.

sorry i cant help with your problem though. :(

edit: i guess this problem doesnt have anything to do with the backup utility at all lol. just that the buttons are messed up. probably a registry issue. have you tried restoring the computer with windows restore to an earlier date before you installed adobe? like the last windows update or something. it should wipe out the adobe install and any system changes it made to mess things up.

Last edited:
i dont quite think i understand... i would love to help though.

try a repair install of CS4?

i removed cs4 and it still does it, so what ever it changed, it effected in the windows settings itself.

Like I said it's probably a borked registry string. That's why I suggested a restore to a restore point. Or you could try to repair windows with the repair disc. You can make a repair disc with windows or I think you can use the installation disc too. Not sure. Worth a shot if the restore point doesn't work

Not worth rolling back.... i do too much stuff every day.

That conodo one sucked. removed.

using this one now.

TrueSafe - securely backup anywhere

seems to work great and its a direct mirror to my external drive. Took a while though. nearly 24 hours for <500gb of stuff.

backup new data and then restore (restore point, not fresh wipe). then replace the new data. shouldnt be too difficult or time consuming.

the repairing windows option shouldnt mess with anything but try to fix obvious problems. not sure if it will only try to fix startup problems or any problems though.

Back