WINDOW TINT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I'm getting the hatch tinted tomorrow, and am wondering what % to use.

The front windows have to be 35% or lighter to comply with texas law. So that decision is made for me. But what about the back?

I want to make it where people can't see inside the car, and I know that 5% will do that for certain, but I've ridden in 5% cars at night and you just can't see out of them.

So I'm thinking 15% for the rear. That is the next "step" lighter for the tinters that I am going to use (best in town from what I've seen.) Will that still black out the back of the car? Can you see out of it at night?

It also needs to provide good sun protection for my kids who ride in the back, and I REFUSE to hang up one of those "kid shades".. So if 15% isn't dark enough to handle that, I may be forced to go with 5%..

Info please!

i had 10% in my civic and during the day it was nice, but kinda hard to see out at night, a buddy of mine did 15% on his hatch, you could see out of it at night, and nice in the day. I would say go with the 15%

on my civic w/10% no, but in my buddies hatch w/ 15% yes

I have 5% all the way around..I cant see shit, and no one can see inside, not even during the day...........Before that i had 15% all around and i got 3 tickets in less than a year..and still was a little dark...
so' Ive been getting lucky lately..I Have 5% on my windows for a reason though...LMAO....(go ahead ripp. say something) <--lol...

But yeah...15% is ok IMO....You wont be able to see shit with 5% ...Trust me,,,.I'll take a few pics in a little bit so you can see how dark 5% looks in a ciivc...

When I had my coupe tinted the shop actually used 20% all the way around (except for the windshield obviously) and I was really happy with it. No problems seeing out, but you had to be pretty close to see in.

Quoted post[/post]]
When I had my coupe tinted the shop actually used 20% all the way around (except for the windshield obviously) and I was really happy with it. No problems seeing out, but you had to be pretty close to see in.

Cool, so I should be GTG with 15% around the back. I WISH there was a 92-95 hatchback rear glass that didn't have the defroster lines in it. Can't find one anywhere, I guess they don't make 'em... Just to add insult to injury, you can't remove them either.

My back window is going to look like ass.

Heres the civic with 5% tints..
th_civictints006.jpg

th_civictints004.jpg

th_civictints003.jpg

th_civictints001.jpg

th_civictints002.jpg

th_civictints005.jpg

Thats what it looked like whithout the tints...
th_jojo005.jpg

I had 10% on the CRX.
Nothing on the windshield.

All you could see if you put sunshade thing on the windshield was shapes but couldn't tell what was what.

Well, last few hours to get your two cents in. This car hits the shop tomorrow at 8 AM. Anyone else want to chime in? Now is the time. Thanks for all the info so far! :mrgreen:

Well, its in the shop! I decided 35% up front and 15% out back. I got to see one window (a rear quarter) done. Looked really good. Its like christmas!!! I can't wait to see the whole car.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, its in the shop! I decided 35% up front and 15% out back. I got to see one window (a rear quarter) done. Looked really good. Its like christmas!!! I can't wait to see the whole car.

cool....That sound like a good combo..<---lol

yeah... PIcs beatttchhhh... :huh:

BEFORE: Not so great "before" shots, they weren't meant to be "window" pics..
tint1.jpg

tint2.jpg

AFTER:
tinta.jpg

tintb.jpg

tintc.jpg

tintd.jpg

Much better imho.. I'd like the front to be darker, but that is the law. And from the looks of things, night vision won't be screwed too bad.

Looks pretty good. I should have my hatch's windows tinted sometime.

I took it out last night, Night vision is just fine. The rear is pretty dark, but you can still see everything.

15% = :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
I took it out last night, Night vision is just fine. The rear is pretty dark, but you can still see everything.

15% = :thumbsup:

nic3.... :worthy:

I think it looks better too...dont it? did you do em' yourself or did you have a shop do it,,?
How much did they charge you for all the windows?

I had a shop do it.. Supposed to be the best around town. They used "Llumar" lifetime tint.

Paid $150.00 even, comes with a 3 year warantee that covers peeling/bubbling and a lifetime warantee agains fading.

P.S. No way in hell I'd try to do it myself. A civic hatch's hatch glass is supposed to be one of the toughest things in the industry to tint.

Quoted post[/post]]
I had a shop do it.. Supposed to be the best around town. They used "Llumar" lifetime tint.

Paid $150.00 even, comes with a 3 year warantee that covers peeling/bubbling and a lifetime warantee agains fading.

P.S. No way in hell I'd try to do it myself. A civic hatch's hatch glass is supposed to be one of the toughest things in the industry to tint.

^^^bahahah..and thats why i asked...lOl..That shit aint no joke..
But damn..$150...wow...Thats a lot...
The shops around my area do it for like 90-115 bux... But then again you have the 3 year warranty, so thats fair i guess... :)

Now one thing you must not do is use windex or anything that has ammonia in it,..from what i hear it takes the color out off the tints....They will turn purple on you..and you dont want that do u..? lol
I dunno...Thats what i heard....

But yeah....good job.. Now get some 18" chrome BLING BLING wheels on there....bahhaha jk.....

:clapping:

Back