window tints

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

any recommendations for a good brand of window tint?

oh yeah... according to tintdude.com, minnesota law states that the windows can only have a maximum tint of 50% =(

Wow I didn't believe him at first, but MN does allow 50% but "Only 50%"? Dude thats half visibility at night you'll see two dots of headlights through your windows, which is 20% more than most states allow anyway. That is plenty dark.

and....

:withstupid: on 3M.

i strongly recommend that you take it somewhere to have your windows done. that shit is way harder then anyone trying it for the first time thinks. i tried to do one window, i said fuck it like five mins. into it. plus tinting place always seem to get the best tinting film. it actually looks black, not a purple-ish color like some of the cheap brands do.

but if you have to do it yourself, get some M3. get 30% in the front and 20% in the rear, thats what i have and it looks factory.

i think the rating scale i based on how much light passes through the tint, not how much visibility is restricted. 20% is missouri's max, 50% is actually pretty light.

and what do you think of mine?

s3fd6387cc839c.jpg

its an old wheel chop, so please forgive me.

and heres a really shity picture taken with my phone. you know, just to kind compare. :shrug2:

s40b4957c55743.jpg

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@May 26 2004, 08:54 AM
i think the rating scale i based on how much light passes through the tint, not how much visibility is restricted. 20% is missouri's max, 50% is actually pretty light.

:yes: the higher the number the lighter the tint is

I have 30% all sides and 20% back window and windshield visor.

If you live in MN, and want legal dark. I suggest the lowest you go is 40%, as time goes by, they will start to fade lighter (only for the sides). Rear window, you can go as dark as you want.

Reason I say MN is I live in St Paul. Got pulled over twice, fist in Minneapolis and second is in Rosedale. Each cost 100 bucks a pop. Damn Pigs!

Just a heads up.

Back