Windows Live Mail in Win7 Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
So I set it up with my AOL account when I got the comp. It was a long time ago, so I dont remember how I set it up. Im sure I just followed the prompts. Anyways I keep getting an error that says "The connection to the server has failed." The error number is 0x800CC0E. Also, at the bottom of the error screen it says, "Socket Error: 10060" When I look for an answer, all I can find is stuff regarding older versions of Outlook. Anyone here know whats goin on, and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Are you using Outlook to manage your AOL account? I'm not sure what the question is

No I use Outlook to check my AOL account. But now it wont connect, so none of my folders get updated.

Go into the mail account settings and if SSL is enabled, disable it and vice versa if it's disabled.

Here's a page with a bunch of information.

Windows Mail: setting up an account from start to finish

Also you should be able to doublecheck the aol server settings on aol's support page.

Alternatively you could switch to Thunderbird and it should detect all your server settings for you.

Back