Windows Product Activation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
well, those of us at CSi have finally figured out how to get around this, and install service packs, and defeat new serial activation, rendering the 3 strikes your out activation sequence finally dead and done. :ph34r:

that means if you "activate" the same serial number 3 times, you have to call it into microsoft and get a special activation code. anytime you need to use that serial again, you get a new code, and have to call again and again. our method entails that you dont even "activate" persay, so your key is never sent in. :)

dunno if i should post up how, depends on how the higher-ups feel.

having installed my legit copy of xp multiple times on my machine (at least 8 now) here's what i've found.

you get the first 3 free.
4th time, you need to call, tell them that their shitty browser infected you with spyware and you have to re-install.

after that, just do the web thing. as long as there's some time between activations, you're good.

i've only had to call that one time.

we get stuck doing it often, since we have a site license, and a volume license key. it just makes life ALOT easier than waiting on the phone for a good long time.

I was using Corp. Edition Pro, no activation required, now I have my legit Home back on but if you want to PM me the info that would be good for info purposes.

corp edition? doesn't exist. you got pro and home.

there was a BETA corp. edittion... is that what you're running?

sure is...i even have a legit copy with 20 available installs...but its not like M$ would know

same here b i have it loaded and it lags worst than a t64 mounted on a d15b !
-j/p im being dumb but any ways - its not that good

Yea i'm in for a PM also, i got home,and pro + a l33t crax, but you can never have too many options.
We installed the same XP pro disc on 4 computers in 5 hours, just kept calling, and they don't even care... you get a different somalian dude every time you call.
They tell you to read off that 987 digit number to the recording, then it says "im sorry we were unable to catch that" WTF :mad:

yeah, the phonecall is BS. you type everything in, and it cant figure it out, then you have to read it off to the rep.

Quoted post[/post]]
having installed my legit copy of xp multiple times on my machine (at least 8 now) here's what i've found.

you get the first 3 free.
4th time, you need to call, tell them that their shitty browser infected you with spyware and you have to re-install.

after that, just do the web thing. as long as there's some time between activations, you're good.

i've only had to call that one time.

I've had to call on 2 separate occasions on the 4th and 5th reinstall.

Back