Windshield gasket help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sofast

Im replacing my windshield and need to replace the molding. I need to know if anyone can tell me what gasket to get? #6 0r #7 ? Thanks in advance

38018450061_large.jpg

# 6------ MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD (W/GLASS REMOVAL) No Color

#7-------MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD No Color

Last edited:
i see the diagram but i'm still not real clear on what the difference is in that little blow out (what does WITH GLASS REMOVAL mean?) - can't really see what you have right now in your car til you take the windshield out, huh?

what is the year/make/model of the car you're trying to buy the gasket for?

Its a 91 CRX. I didnt undrestand the "glass removal" is either. Unfortunatly I cant take the glass out first. I would have to order this seal. cant afford to be without my car for 3-5 days or drive withoit a windshield.

crap i guess i'd order one of each and send one back :p

yeah I thought about that but I dont like doing returns on internet buys. Its been 50/50 for me. that and they cost $75 each

thread update: OP got his answer over at CRXCommunity.com but i felt like it should be here to in case anyone was looking for the info in the future:

#6 has the metal core and is recommended when replacing the windshield. #7 has no metal so it can be installed with the glass still in.

i'd call safelite auto glass and get it all from them. they always take care of all the glass replacement for my customer cars and they take care of all the issues on glass. the last time they were here it was a focus and there wasnt a gasket. just a silicne bead but they replace clips for window trim too so i'd bet they have the gaskets already. call them out and let them return the one they dont need

when i had my windshield replaced they just used a generic seal that looked a lot like the stock one. it didn't have any metal built into it.

Back