1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wing on CRX

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by SOHCMUGENCRX, Jun 10, 2004.

1. SOHCMUGENCRX

SOHCMUGENCRX Member

I know the the Wings West Wing look pretty nice and sutable for a CRX but I see that all the time and for a good reason, but i was lookin through a magazine and i saw the drag CRX, i think u guys know who im talkin about, it has a onepc. front end and its driven by this bald white guy, its white has like snake skin or some think painted on the front, well i saw his wings and it looks pretty cool to me, i was wondering where i would be able to find that? or is it that i buy a regular single deck wings and adjust it ? lemme know guys !

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:blink:

3. CFweave

CFweave Member

If it's on a professional drag car, it's probably custom...I don't think you could buy one. Just get the the Wings West spoiler if you like it so much.

4. EyelessCRX

EyelessCRX Junior Member

I hate wings on a rex. When I bought mine it had a wing on it. I took that off first! :thumbsdown:

5. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I think that is the bergenholtz crx. I don't recall it having anything on the back but wheelie bars. Unless you have a rwd car, a wing is just gonna uck up the aerodynamics of the car. If you are road racing, a spoiler that actually has truly functional airfoil shape will keep your tires glued to the ground better, but at the expense of a lot of drag pulling on the car at high speeds. bottom line, make sure you have a really fast car with a really wicked awesome engine before spending cash on stuff like that. just my .02

6. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

[​IMG]

I stand corrected, it does have a small wing on it, but like I said, it looks to be thereonly to help hold the wheelie bars on the ground or sumpin. So if you have wheelie bars go for it.

7. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

any FWD works better with slip-dynamics than downforce dynamics. The most usable wing for the CRX / Civic is the front hood wing from WW. If you get a Hood wing on your car, it's obvious that you're not in it for looks :)

As far as getting a wing for looks, you KNOW that the people on Hondaswap will disagree with just about anything. Be brave, go on what you like and forget about the criticism.

-> Steve

8. EyelessCRX

EyelessCRX Junior Member

Mugen spoiler is the only wing you would ever find on my car. :unsure:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted