1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wire harness?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by CrazyAzn, Apr 29, 2006.

1. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

quick question, would i be able to plug an si engine harness into a DX and still have it run right? or would i have to convert the dx to multipoint and go that route?

i currently have an si that i kinda sorta really wrecked, but my gsr/wireing and all that in my current car is still fine, and if it so happens that i cant find another si for cheap. i was wondering if i could just swap everything over to a dx and call it a day.

thanks,
    kyle

ps. let me know if that was confusing

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

a lil bit on the confusing side.

If i read it right, you have an SI that is wrecked and you want to take the engine, wire harness, and ECU and put it in the DX .

If thats what you are asking, i dont think its a straight swap over.

3. 98bswap

98bswap Junior Member

First off In order to help you out i need to know exactly what you got. What year is the DX and what year is the SI. Also in the Q. It seems that you are asking about just a wiring harness swap. Explain to me better what you are trying to accomplish and I will guide you thruogh it.

4. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

yeah, i have a 90 si that is wrecked with a gsr swap in it.

i wanted to just take the whole thing out, wire harness, ecu, ect and move it over to a DX if need be. . .

90 si engine harness inside an 88-91 DX engine bay.

i mean its not hard to convert it to MPFI, but it seems to be a waste if i took the time to convert my current harness to OBD1 along with adding the vtec wires and whatnot into the harness.

cliff notes:
    wrecked 90 si w/ engine harness into a dx

5. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

cool thank you guys

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted