1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by MoSeS, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

my buddy just got through telling me about how he was using wireless internet to get online. how do you do that? i want it for my desktop, he said it was free and im just looking for some feedback on this. is he telling the truth or do i need to show him my pimp hand for for lying.

2. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

First you've got to make sure you've got your internets working properly by sourcing some warez. Then you need to uplink to the mobile intrawebs.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

lol

you need some hardware, and boradband.

WALL - > cable/dsl box -> wireless router -> wireless pci card -> your computer

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:withstupid: A wireless PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) installed NIC (network interface card) for your desktop is about 50-70 depending on where you get it at. It will replace your current hardwire only NIC card.

You do know how to open up your tower and install a card into a pci slot, right?

5. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

wow thats a lot for a wireless card. browse around and you can pick up some for $20-30, some probably even free after rebate. and it doesnt have to be a pci card, it can be a USB adapter (make sure its 2.0 both your computer and component) or even built it.

after you have that, easiest way is to scrub off some dumb ass with no protection or someone generous. if thats not applicable, go with what B described.

6. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted