Wiring Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

ok...well...the shop i got to put my OBD-1 engine in my car, happened to wire it for OBD-2...is it hard to get it wired back to OBD-1? should i just stick with OBD-2? is OBD-2 better than OBD-1? visa versa?

um... that's rediculous. Is the car drivable?
I noticed that you have in your sig a 97 Accord - is this the car to which you are refferring? If so, the car was already obd2, and the shop didn't do anything except maybe switch over some sensors on the engine, and use your old distributor (maybe, I don't really know the major differences between the stock accord motor and the h22a)

That being said, it's not hard to rewire for obd1, and it has been covered extensively on HondaSwap. Just put your thinking cap on and search around for a bit.

ok thanks...ill do a lil more searching on here and see what i can find...yea...i know the stock accord engine is obd2...the dummy that put my engine in kept my accord ecu...so he changed the engine to obd2 so it would run...

i just got the obd1 p13 ecu...so i can have the correct ecu...if i kept it like it is now...i would have to get a conversion harness...but if i get it back to obd1...the p13 wouldnt need a conversion harness right?

obd1 and obd2 have different harness styles, so you'll need the conversion harness. I can't remember what the p13 comes out of.....(goes to another firefox tab to peruse the reference section...).....

P131yes

1992-1995 Honda Prelude VTEC (H22A)
Yes, you'll need a conversion harness, unless your stock harness was previously hacked to accept obd1 ecus, which it sounds like it wasn't.

Back