Wiring and ECU HELP!! ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmjosh

im kinda new to the honda scene! i jus bought a 88 DA1 integra hatch. am planing on doin a ls vtec swap to it using b18a block, p30 pistons and a b16b head. my question is which is the best ecu i should use and how do i wire the engine to the car? i already know i need a hasport mount kit/axles and a 93 gsr throttle cable. please help lol :confused:

are you keeping it obd-0 or are you going to 1 or 2? Once you know what you're going to do then you can find tons of write ups on this subject. None of it is actually hard it's just money!

my opinion on ecu,
if staying obd0-PR3
if going obd1-P28-socketed an chipped,
ur stock engine harness will work fine sir,all u have to wire in is all the v-tec stuff,pretty straight forward,or if u don't feel comfortable doing it,u can buy a hasport v-tec sub-harness,its a simple plug an play,that is if ur staying obd0
if u r going obd1,same as above plus,u will need obd1 ECU,obd1 v-tec dizzy,ECU conversion harness as well as dizzy conversion harness(unless u want to repin them)
and so on,if u need any more info,don't be afraid to ask..swap is pretty straight forward though sir

Back